Need some assistance...

RugbyRef

Good morning fellow Jeepers! I have encountered an issue with my 2016 JK Rubicon that is giving me some concern.

Let me preempt this post by saying...yes...I did search for this issue in the forum before coming to you guys. There was only one reference to this from back in 2012 with no resolution.

While driving home from the airport last night the CEL came on. Jeep has 1200 miles on it. Got home and checked it for DTC's with my Diablo tuner. It showed a "P2097" code, which is "Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1". I "googled" the code and found all kinds of interesting information and possible causes from bad O2 sensors to exhaust leaks. I cleared the code and it has not returned...yet! I checked all the vacuum lines and they all appeared to be good. I did notice a small amount of soot around the exhaust tail pipe...not sure if that is normal. I do not see any black clouds of exhaust coming from the tailpipe when I get on the gas.

Do you guys think that the installed RIPP supercharger could be an issue? Any help or comments would be hugely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Tim

RugbyRef

Update - contacted RIPP. They suggested I try to rule out the usual suspects first (i.e. Vacuum leak, bad O2 sensor, etc.). Sounds reasonable enough....

Top Bottom