What Do You Make of This?

Rich

Image1484629935.591052.jpg
I bought a 2012 JKU with this rear bumper and tire carrier by AOE. It's very solid, but I'm at a loss on how to attach accessories such as a High-Lift, Rotopax, shovel, etc. The tire carrier also has this high vertical piece with no apparent function. The manufacturer's website lists no accessories for this product. Has anyone come up with a successful mod for this tire carrier to make it more functional? IMG_3820.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

That is very odd. Does the flange at the top have holes in it to bolt something to? It's so far above the tire. The rest of the bumper looks great.

jmpen

Kayak bar on there, some led floods and a window bar on the front would be pretty slick. Might even hang a hammock off of that. I like it.

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rich67

Caught the Bug
I'm wth the others. That's a kayak cradle. Should come with a bar that attaches to the windshield that acts as a resting point for the other end of the kayak. Sort of reminiscent of the Lange Rack. The Rotopax can attach with the proper brackets (available from Rotopax) to the tire carrier portion. A High Lift also offers a variety of mount options that range from attaching to the tailgate to attaching to the bumper itself.
Rotopax:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...HEY_7s3KswDZ3k8WQFty2wDl3fSHRVAoxUaAkNL8P8HAQ
Hi Lift offers a multitude of mounting options. Just Google "Hi Lift mounting JK" under images for some ideas.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Mount a second spare tire horizontally up on top. That'll be the dogs balls. :thumb:

Rich

That is very odd. Does the flange at the top have holes in it to bolt something to? It's so far above the tire. The rest of the bumper looks great.

It has 3 mounting holes in the flange. I thought about mounting a cross piece to it and then mounting accessories onto that, but it's too darn high!

Rich

I'm wth the others. That's a kayak cradle. Should come with a bar that attaches to the windshield that acts as a resting point for the other end of the kayak. Sort of reminiscent of the Lange Rack. The Rotopax can attach with the proper brackets (available from Rotopax) to the tire carrier portion. A High Lift also offers a variety of mount options that range from attaching to the tailgate to attaching to the bumper itself.
Rotopax:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...HEY_7s3KswDZ3k8WQFty2wDl3fSHRVAoxUaAkNL8P8HAQ
Hi Lift offers a multitude of mounting options. Just Google "Hi Lift mounting JK" under images for some ideas.

Thank you for the links. Looks like I will either need to chop down the tower, or take up kayaking!

Top Bottom