Angel eyes

Platty

Anyone got angel eyes headlamps, if so any chance of a piccy.
And, are they easy ot fit, is it just old out new in?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what his screen name is here but, a guy named Nolan Ramseyer from San Diego has them and they look good. Maybe he'll chime in.

superman99

They are pretty easy to install.. I bought mine online from oracle... they send you directions on how to do it... took me about 45 mins. For both sides.

ForumRunner_20130125_172504.png

ForumRunner_20130125_172521.jpg

Shaved Ice

There is a Jeep with these at the local auto parts place. He always parks facing toward the street and leaves his Angel Eyes on all shift. it looks cool and my kids always ask if I sm going to get a set of them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Badd Andy

I made mine with cheap "audi 17" side led strips" off ebay, $20(ish) now I know that arent as kick-ass as the Oracle ones, but at a savings of a coupla hundred bucks I couldn't resist, and if I didnt like them or the colour, I was only out a few dollars

I mounted them onto the metal headlight retainer ring and hooked em up to my side marker lights which are no longer used as I trimmed my flares, really had a lot of good compliments on em and they give off a good amout of light

pics are from my iphone

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 185

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I made mine with cheap "audi 17" side led strips" off ebay, $20(ish) now I know that arent as kick-ass as the Oracle ones, but at a savings of a coupla hundred bucks I couldn't resist, and if I didnt like them or the colour, I was only out a few dollars

I mounted them onto the metal headlight retainer ring and hooked em up to my side marker lights which are no longer used as I trimmed my flares, really had a lot of good compliments on em and they give off a good amout of light

pics are from my iphone

I haven't had side markers in years since I replaced my fenders, remind me, do they blink with the turn signals?

Last edited:

Badd Andy

They dont blink if you just tap into the leads for the side marker, and to me its just cosmetic, they dont give off that much light to drive with at night

Up here in Canada we need driving lights by law, so mine arent that noticeable as my headlights are always on when in drive, Im not sure how it is from state to state for those of you below the border

Mine glow nicely when I start the vehicle by remote, they light up as in the pic I posted earlier

On ebay they are described as " audi side glow 18 inch " but not sure 100% they are on there for just under $20 for 2 strips

superman99

Mines do light up a lot... If I really wanted to I could just use those as my headlights. Obviously I can't since its illegal to have green as your main lights. I'll post a pic of how bright they are at night tomorrow.

T-Rob

So, you used the stock headlight...interesting. Was the install pretty much the same as the video they posted on how to do it yourself?

Badd Andy

Mines do light up a lot... If I really wanted to I could just use those as my headlights. Obviously I can't since its illegal to have green as your main lights. I'll post a pic of how bright they are at night tomorrow.

the Oracle ones absolutely kickass, I just wanted the look for now as I cant justify spending that cash right now... but some day, lol

do post up some pics, I really like these

superman99

The install is exactly like the video... very very easy install.... I was going to post pictures up today but the dealership need an extra day to work on it. Boo!!

T-Rob

The install is exactly like the video... very very easy install.... I was going to post pictures up today but the dealership need an extra day to work on it. Boo!!

Cool...I called them today with some questions. I'm thinking about doing my fog lights also...apparently, you have to "cut" into those. The rep said it was pretty easy.

Top Bottom