plasticoated stock wheels

Rocksalt

I haven't done Jeep wheels but I have done a few sets on other cars. What would you like to know?

I was just curious who has done theirs and what they look like.. I did mine and it turned out well.. I can't seem to be able to post up a pic

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was just curious who has done theirs and what they look like.. I did mine and it turned out well.. I can't seem to be able to post up a pic

I see you haven't posted since before the last forum update. Uninstall then reinstall the app if your on your phone

TC1201JK

I did a set years ago and was surprised at how easy it was, how good they looked and held up surprisingly well. I will mention for anyone else considering doing this to get a couple decks of playing cards and stick them between the rim and tire to mask it off after laying the tire/wheel flat on the ground. Worked well for me. It's a nice cheap option if you want a different look on a tight budget.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

xxJWPxx

I Plasti-dipped the wheels on my prior Jeep. Came out pretty solid and held up really well.

Before:

IMG_2678.JPG

After:

IMG_2894.jpg

TRLJNKY

I plast dip mine and will run these stockers until theres nothing left or I can afford beadlocks. Why? I rock rash the hell out of these and cant see spending $ on wheels that Im going to just trash anyway. I just touch up the areas I get rock rash and call it good.

I will mention for anyone else considering doing this to get a couple decks of playing cards and stick them between the rim and tire to mask it off after laying the tire/wheel flat on the ground.

Great idea about the cards because you will get some paint hangers hanging off your wheel/tires and will look like your jeep has leprosy after you air down and get some sidewall flex.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Rocksalt

awesome! When I did mine I just stuffed plastic bags behind the wheels to protect the rotors.. I also bought some half inch rubber floor protectors for chair legs and stuck them on over my wheel lugs

ChiliDawg

awesome! When I did mine I just stuffed plastic bags behind the wheels to protect the rotors.. I also bought some half inch rubber floor protectors for chair legs and stuck them on over my wheel lugs

That's what I did but you have to be careful if using the bags because (as I found out) if the bag touches the backside of the edge of the wheels anywhere you'll likely peel off the plastidip when you remove the bag.

Top Bottom