Warn zeon winch.

BRaVell

I have never owned a winch but have used several through friends vehicles or work. Rarely warns

I am pretty set on the genright aluminum bumper with low hoop. I like that the winch sits between the frame.

From what I read a 10k winch should do just fine for a jku.

The platinum seems cool and has features that sound convenient. But is it worth the money or is it just a cool factor. Like everything I've read the only wireless remote sounds worrisome but I can't find anything about it failing.

Does the convenience of an electronic clutch and wireless remote make a 500 dollar difference.

If you could go back would you get the platinum again or wish you had gotten it to begin with. Thanks for any experience or opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I'm getting ready to make a winch purchase myself. I personally feel like the wireless remote and extra electronics just creates extra potential problems.

Ive also been thinking that while the 10-S is plenty of winch for a JKU that for $80 more why not get the 12-S?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackDiamond_JKU

K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple stupid.
I had all that fancy stuff on my last JK, Warn Zeon 10-S with wireless remote ect.
I often had connectivity issues with the remote.
The winch absolutely rocked, but I ended up leaving the remote and sh** in the garage, and went on the trail with my wired controller.
Now, on my JKU, I run the Warn VR8000S (synthetic line) and the included wired controller.
I just connect my controller while I'm airing down, run the cable through one of my hood latches, then into my cab for the entirety of my wheeling.
It works just as great as the Zeon did, but I only paid 600 bucks for it.

Just my 2 cents

At the end of the day, get what looks cool on your jeep ;) that's what really matters [emoji23]

Black [emoji184] Diamond
2016 JKUR - 6 Speed Manual
Evo Double D Pro; Long Arm kit
Evo DL flip
King Coilovers & King Bumpstops
Quarter Pounder Front Bumper
Warn VR8000-S
Rigid Lighting
Evo Rock Rails w/ Rock Guards
Evo Rear Corners (solid, but fit like shit)
Evo rear fascia
Evo Trans Skid
Nitto Trail Grappler 37's
Trussed & Gusseted Rubicon D 44's
4.88 gears
Method NV 101

-Waiting for delivery-
Hardcore Pro Rock 60/60 set w/ 5.13's & Eaton Lockers
PSC Hydro Assist
KMC Machete Beadlocks

WJCO

Meme King
I also chose the standard Zeon for the reasons mentioned above. Didn't want one more thing to worry about.

RK-JK2014

I have the 10-s. It has been plenty for my JKUR, never felt like I need more. I like the reliability of the wired control and the assurance that it is going to work when I need it to. As WJCO said, its one less thing to worry about.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I bought the Zeon 10-s. I don't think the features reflect the extra cost of the platinum. It is literally effortless to turn the lever to free spool. You still have to get out of your jeep to pull rope anyways, just turn the lever then. Plus it's more electronics. I feel the weakest link to any winch is electronics, like someone else said K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid). If you really want a wireless remote you can still purchase one for your Zeon for under 150.00.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattMc

I recently bought a Zeon 10-S. I considered the platinum, but I'm not a fan of the wireless controller and the faster line speed. This is my first winch, so I don't have any previous experience, but the issue for me with wireless is the delay. The delay between pressing the winch in button, and actual movement, or more importantly the delay from letting off the button to stopping actual movement could cost someone a hand or multiple fingers in a bad situation. Also, I'm not a fan of the faster line speed. Winching in general is to be respected as potentially dangerous. Doing it faster is almost never a good idea. Unless you're in a race, which most of us are not.

Top Bottom