Where to find double threaded "link" for sway bar. 1/2-20 thread and 3.5" long?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Where to find double threaded "link" for sway bar. 1/2-20 thread and 3.5" long?

With the drag link flip installed, now my rock krawler sway bar links are 3.5" too long. Since I had to drill out the sway bar for the 1/2" bolts, I can't go back to stock. I took them apart and the center link is 7" long and RH threaded at both ends in 1/2-20. I figure I need the same, but 3.5" long. Where in the heck do I find such an animal? Internet searches are showing me nothing.

IMG_5591

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I can try that. I was worried it wouldn't be as strong as "rolled" threads if the rods have those.

WJCO

Meme King
Ace hardware may have some allthread. Or as said already, cut and rethread. But how did the drag link flip change the length of the links?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yup, die works fine, but it's slow going. I got one end done- that's it for today. I'll tackle the rest tomorrow.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Ace hardware may have some allthread. Or as said already, cut and rethread. But how did the drag link flip change the length of the links?

The EVO drag link flip repositions the sway bar links up 3.5" on each side. Would have been awesome had I did the flip when I installed the lift- I could have avoided a front adj trackbar and extended sway bar links.

Top Bottom