Build update with brakes related question

lesterjanpearson

I just finish this build. but question is do I need to upgrade my brakes? or does anyone run stock brakes on 35s?

brakes doesn't feel much responsive like it was. maybe cause of the 35s. I used 33s before.

Added:
4" Ironman Lift kit
35 Nitto Trail Grappler
20x12 Moto Metal 962

16143358_1513583861989700_7567137904373542018_n.jpg

GraniteCrystal

I think most run stock brakes with 35s. Check how much you have left on your brake pads. If you want to upgrade, lots have good luck with Dynatrac ProGrips. Kit costs $999

lesterjanpearson

I think most run stock brakes with 35s. Check how much you have left on your brake pads. If you want to upgrade, lots have good luck with Dynatrac ProGrips. Kit costs $999

Ok will check. but this jeep still about 4.9k miles, pretty much not abused yet. The shop I went to said, there is a big possibility I will need to upgrade my brakes. although they dont offer them.

Does the brakes feel sluggish or how to say it like it doesnt grip as much? or feels that it doesnt grip as much.

WJCO

Meme King
If you noticed a difference after changing tires, then a brake upgrade would probably help. You not only have more weight from the larger tires, but also more rolling resistance when coming to a stop.

GraniteCrystal

If you noticed a difference after changing tires, then a brake upgrade would probably help. You not only have more weight from the larger tires, but also more rolling resistance when coming to a stop.
That rolling resistance should be helping him stop though. There's the momentum of the tire (mass * velocity) in the forward direction but also the friction force (downward normal force * friction coefficient of that specific rubber compound and the concrete/asphalt/etc) in the backward direction.

The momentum is the greater of the two which is why it takes longer to stop after upgrading to larger tires.

Top Bottom