JcrOffroad Front Stubby Bumper

JethroJK

Does anyone have the JcrOffroad Front Stubby Dagger Stinger Winch Bumper. (Say that three times in a row). :cheesy: On the site is part number JK-FDAG-STUB-STNG.

It sells for 599.00 which includes the lower skid and also (2) shackles. Shipping is 90 bucks, so it would be right around $700.

It weighs around 65 pounds and is made in the good ol' USA! It will take up to a 9500 lb. winch and the Warn 9500 will mount with no additional modifications.

The website states that they come unfinished and ready to paint. So I am assuming there is no protective coating (like powder coating, etc) on this bumper.

I am considering purchasing as my factory replacement and going without a rear bumper. But the EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger and relocation kit runs around the same price. Plus, the EVO comes black powder coated. Whereas, the EVO does not come with a lower skid (I don't believe).

Choices...:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The EVO 1/4 pounder has you chop off the lower chin to give you greater clearance. The chin is NOT a cross member and not needed. This is the reason why there is no skid. Obviously, it's what I would prefer.

JethroJK

The EVO 1/4 pounder has you chop off the lower chin to give you greater clearance. The chin is NOT a cross member and not needed. This is the reason why there is no skid. Obviously, it's what I would prefer.

Ok, that makes sense. I really want the EVO but was looking around at comparable options. Do you know how much EVO weighs?

Skid_Kid

I have the JCR stubby with stinger. Good quality product. Having to finish it yourself, not so much fun. I am now considering going with the EVO 1/4 pounder, due to how the winch will sit and allow air to flow better to cool the eng.

image-2743926588.jpg
image-2065823530.jpg

Last edited:

Cpfiremn

I have the JCR stubby with stinger. Good quality product. Having to finish it yourself, not so much fun. I am now considering going with the EVO 1/4 pounder, due to how the winch will sit and allow air to flow better to cool the eng.

View attachment 13949
View attachment 13950

If you end up getting the Evo 1/4 pounder,let me know. I'm maybe interested in purchasing your JCR stubby. I saw it on our jeep when I picked up the stock bumper and really liked it. I purchased a used Olympic front bumper but not really happy with it

Skid_Kid

If you end up getting the Evo 1/4 pounder,let me know. I'm maybe interested in purchasing your JCR stubby. I saw it on our jeep when I picked up the stock bumper and really liked it. I purchased a used Olympic front bumper but not really happy with it

I will keep you posted.

JethroJK

Good information. Thanks for the input.

Skid_Kid

Cpfiremn has first call on it. Anybody out of state it is not going to be cheap to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mtnbiker995

Cpfiremn has first call on it. Anybody out of state it is not going to be cheap to ship.

This is true on the shipping...I'd prolly be better off driving 3 miles down the road to JCR and buying one new

Briguy114

Wanted to bring this thread back to life and see if anybody has any JCR products. I like their stubby front bumpers

mtnbiker995

Wanted to bring this thread back to life and see if anybody has any JCR products. I like their stubby front bumpers

I will in about a month or so! They're right down the road from me so I know a good amount of people who have they're stuff. I'm getting their stage 2 sliders and rear bumper/tire carrier combo. Look at their Facebook page to see all their installs! I think it's just 'JCR Offroad'

texasdave

I have that bumper. This is how you get them. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368728754.991525.jpg
I have them powder coated but you can do it your self.
Here it is installed
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368728837.020885.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1368728861.325066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Texas.
Semper Fi!

texasdave

Buddy of mine in Fort Worth. A member on a different forum had a hard time contacting them though....

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Texas.
Semper Fi!

Top Bottom