2013 JKUR Auto climate control issues

deezus

On my Auto climate control it either blows hot or lukewarm. If I have it on auto all the way across the board in order to get it hot I have to max it out all other settings are lukewarm. Sometimes no matter what setting its full blown hot, unless its all the way cold. Its crazy, Ive disconnected negative cable but it still does this. Every once in awhile, it will work correctly. Just wondering if this is a common issue, or is there a way to test the control? Tomorrow I'm gonna pull the dash and make sure there is no loose connections. The dealer fixed the actuator issue last year so maybe they left a loose connection otherwise I'm chasing...thanks.

USMC Wrangler

I was just about to start a new thread about this myself. I do not have the auto climate control, but also have a '13.

Mine did this a couple times last winter. Lately though, I only get hot air if I have the temp all the way hot. Any other setting, including one click cooler than max hot, it's Luke warm. When hottest option is selected, it's surface of the sun hot. This makes me believe it's not the casting sand or failing heater core.

I've seen fixes for one side hot, one side cold but not sure on this one.

If I understand correctly there are two actuators; pass side controls vent, floor, defrost and the drivers side controls temp. Am I understanding correctly???

Sorry for the slight hijack deezus.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

LeighP

I've had similar issues with climate control on other vehicles.....one thing you can try is tracking down the cabin temp sensor and cleaning it.....build up of dust on the sensor can stuff up the auto function.

any4xx

I've had similar issues with climate control on other vehicles.....one thing you can try is tracking down the cabin temp sensor and cleaning it.....build up of dust on the sensor can stuff up the auto function.

The cabin temp sensor is located behind the panel under the steering column right in front of your right knee. And for the record, I'd start there also.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack

I had this issue in my '15. As I'm overseas and don't have a Jeep dealership in the country I'm in I decided to track down the problem. I found the cabin air sensor notice what looked like a tiny fan inside and hit it with some canned air when I saw it wasn't turning freely. Fixed it for the most part but I still need to smack it once in a while. Much better though! Hope this helps!

USMC Wrangler

I take it that's for the auto climate controls then?

cjhofer

I had a similar issue on my 2014. It would only blow Luke warm air when I had it all of the way hot. As soon as I would turn the temp down one click it would go cold. My other issue was that the climate control light would blink for about 20 seconds to a minute every time i started the Jeep. The blower wouldnt start until it quit blinking. I read somewhere about replacing the controls because it was loosing the blower door cal and trying to recalibrate every time I started it. The part # was 68197437AB and it was about $105 online. Took about 30 min to put in and my heater works amazingly now. Definitely fixed my issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

I had a similar issue on my 2014. It would only blow Luke warm air when I had it all of the way hot. As soon as I would turn the temp down one click it would go cold. My other issue was that the climate control light would blink for about 20 seconds to a minute every time i started the Jeep. The blower wouldnt start until it quit blinking. I read somewhere about replacing the controls because it was loosing the blower door cal and trying to recalibrate every time I started it. The part # was 68197437AB and it was about $105 online. Took about 30 min to put in and my heater works amazingly now. Definitely fixed my issue.

It's funny because it worked fine for awhile but now it's started doing the same thing as what u described. So was that part number for what year model?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know this will sound dumb, but if you have a cabin air filter, check that first.
I seriously was starting to have all of the same problems; to the point that I was in the dealership lot. I decided to replace the cabin air filter while I was at it and it looked like a solid brick of filth. Replaced that an I luck out because that was my problem. So if your starting to have that problem check that first.

cjhofer

Mine is a 2014 but I believe that part # is good for 12 to current.
I will also say, when I change the part out, I also changed my cabin air filters, and they were pretty plugged up. I did everything at once so I don't know how it would have acted after the filters, but it's worth a try.

Top Bottom