P0430 what does it really mean and how to fix it

wanderer

I have had some people tell me it is a catalytic converter issue and 1200 bucks others think it is just an an O2 sensor. but those of you who know what it is really and how much is gonna cost to fix itI have to register the jeep and am pretty sure it won't pass with that code.

WJCO

Meme King
I have had some people tell me it is a catalytic converter issue and 1200 bucks others think it is just an an O2 sensor. but those of you who know what it is really and how much is gonna cost to fix itI have to register the jeep and am pretty sure it won't pass with that code.

Could be either. Need to have a tech diagnose it.

JKU Arizona

Over the weekend I just got a similar Code P0420. I had already replaced all the 02 sensors with some other major repairs that the dealer did. Everything was working fine till this past weekend. I know i have a exhaust leak so i'll be taking care of that first before i take it back to the dealer.

I'm replacing the intake manifold gaskets and i also have a broken bolt on the driver side manifold so i'll be fixing that.

The cat. is expensive i think dealer wants $1,200+ labor Autozone is about half of that. The 02 sensors were not that much i think around $150 +/- for all 4 of them and i spent no more than 1hr to switch them out.

My tags are up by the end of the month so trying to get it done this week hopefully in the next day or so. I'll keep you updated if this fixes my code. Crossing my fingers it's not the CAT. that's going to suck if it is.

WJCO

Meme King
Exhaust shops sometimes have cheaper universal options that comply with Federal Emissions Laws and they'll install them as well.

Top Bottom