Rugged ridge hinged spare carrier

xman4602

Hey guys! I'm looking for someone to chime in that has used the rugged ridge hinged carrier. I was thinking of either the evo one or this one. I've read the reviews on the teraflex version and am staying away from that one. Rugged Ridge is a bit cheaper than the evo version and it seems that the evo version may still need some tweaking. Is the RR one any good? Any issues or problems with them? Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd”

J

JKDream

Hey guys! I'm looking for someone to chime in that has used the rugged ridge hinged carrier. I was thinking of either the evo one or this one. I've read the reviews on the teraflex version and am staying away from that one. Rugged Ridge is a bit cheaper than the evo version and it seems that the evo version may still need some tweaking. Is the RR one any good? Any issues or problems with them? Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

“You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men, but I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd”

It looks like a similar version of the Teraflex carrier.
I wouldn't trust it personally, especially for the price there's better options.
Looks rather cheaply made.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If your only looking to carry a 35 I recommend using your stock carrier and saving some money.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If your only looking to carry a 35 I recommend using your stock carrier and saving some money.

I third Ty's recommendation. There is really no need to go spend that kind of coin for a 35" tire. As long as you properly extend the isolators so the tire has no room to move around on the carrier, you will be fine. I hit bumps hard enough to have an axle shaft failure and never had an issue with the 35 on the stock carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I third Ty's recommendation. There is really no need to go spend that kind of coin for a 35" tire. As long as you properly extend the isolators so the tire has no room to move around on the carrier, you will be fine. I hit bumps hard enough to have an axle shaft failure and never had an issue with the 35 on the stock carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

:shock::shock::shock:

xman4602

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll just wait till I have the coin for a bumper/carrier set up.
Anyone using poison spyders new rear bumper set up? I have a rockbrawler with carrier on my jk. Version 2 looks better but opinions?

Buneewunee

I had the rugged ridge heavy duty tire carrier only (I opted not to get the hinges) for my 35" tires. It seems pretty sturdy. Went off-roading in Big Bear a couple of weeks ago and it didn't break away from the tailgate. Not sure if it's from Big Bear, but I just noticed that there is rust on all the bolts they provided. I've had it since May 2016.

Top Bottom