Jack color

Bryce Hunter

I'm buying a jack within the next few days for my Jeep and I am going to be mounting it on the hood. I am trying to decide which color to go with, either red and black or black and grey... Help me out I have a steel blue jk

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

black and grey. Have you used a Hi-lift before? If not they can be dangerous. I would also mount it to a different location if you plan on using it, the hood location makes it easy to dent or scratch the hood.

Bryce Hunter

I'm buying a jack within the next few days for my Jeep and I am going to be mounting it on the hood. I am trying to decide which color to go with, either red and black or black and grey... Help me out I have a steel blue jk

black and grey. Have you used a Hi-lift before? If not they can be dangerous. I would also mount it to a different location if you plan on using it, the hood location makes it easy to dent or scratch the hood.
I have used them before, in what ways would it scratch your hood? I can see that it would if you were being careless when taking it off but is that the only way

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Nothing is worse than needing a hilift and it's jammed up because it's been left out in the elements for years.... if you plan to mount it outside of your vehicle, I would use it and grease it up every couple months.

But IMO (this is just my two cents), it's easier for me to carry a small floor jack and two jack stands behind the driver seat rather than find a place to mount a hilift.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Nothing is worse than needing a hilift and it's jammed up because it's been left out in the elements for years.... if you plan to mount it outside of your vehicle, I would use it and grease it up every couple months.

But IMO (this is just my two cents), it's easier for me to carry a small floor jack and two jack stands behind the driver seat rather than find a place to mount a hilift.

Unless of course you just want it for looks, and IMO they do look pretty cool on the back bumper!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Like a rifle swung over your shoulder. I would also look at the brand not color.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, I can't stress this enough too. I had a hilift at one point, except it was the Harbor Freight one. I assumed they would all work the same way. Well, this one went up but it would only come down by releasing the pin, thus releasing the ENTIRE weight of the vehicle down. And it didn't slowly ratchet itself down, it slammed down. Very scary the first time it happened... point is, if you're going to buy a hilift, ONLY buy the hilift brand... lol.

I personally don't like hilifts at all. I realize they are necessary, but like I said...I'd much rather carry a smaller 2 or 3 ton floor jack and some pieces of wood.

Being careless is one way. But, in the field is a lot different than in the drive way or parking lot. It may be hard to reach because of terrain, or covered in water or mud making it slippery. one slip and then you have new pinstripes or a nice dent.

Top Bottom