JK 37" Tires, 6" TF lift, need feedback again, please.

supra_launch21v

The first thread that I had posted regarding my new TF 6" lift I installed didn't include the following items included on the Jeep; Fuel Tanks, Fuel, Drive Shafts, Skid Plates, Gear (70lbs), and two adults. Before I buy new 4" coils to replace these 6" coils, I was hoping to get a confirmation that going back to the 4" is the right thing to do.

My first measurements were taken as the first photo shows, with no aforementioned items (Fuel Tanks, Fuel, Drive Shafts, Skid Plates, Gear (70lbs), and two adults) 47" from the ground to the fender well. After putting the fuel tank in, installing the driveshafts, installing the skid plates, including 70lbs of gear, and two adults the Jeep settled down to 45". The second photo shows that. Please let me know what you think about the 6" TF coils vs. installing the 4" TF coils. I was also told the TF 4" coils are slightly "softer" than the 6" coils. This would means that my rear end would drop more than the 2" reduction from the 4" coils. Opinions are welcome.

The first image is before the items were reinstalled, the second image is after the items are installed.

Image.jpg Image.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You will be fine. 6" is way too much of a lift IMHO. TF yields more like 5" on a 4" lift so even with all that gears mentioned it'll still yield you plenty of clearance and height.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You will be fine. 6" is way too much of a lift IMHO. TF yields more like 5" on a 4" lift so even with all that gears mentioned it'll still yield you plenty of clearance and height.

Eddie has a pretty heavy rig as he carries a spare and a fair amount of gear. He sits at about 4.5" of lift with 40's mind you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie has a pretty heavy rig as he carries a spare and a fair amount of gear. He sits at about 4.5" of lift with 40's mind you.

Yep, what he said. We're not into the nose bleed lifts and run our 40's with only 4.5" of lift. :yup:

Tcdawg

3.5" RK suspension on 37" MTR'S.

I think you'll like the lower springs a lot. I've seen a number of rigs run a 2.5 lift on 37's and perform well.

supra_launch21v

Well, ordered the 4" springs. I feel much better. I need new axles, and then move up to 40's. simple enough.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom