Rigid ridge lights - help needed

WJCO

Meme King
High resistance somewhere. As suggested check the ground, and check the power wire. Did you wire to the battery or an existing circuit?

jeeeep

Hooked
did you wire direct to the battery? where do you have it grounded?

If you're trying to pull power from the fuse box there are only a couple of fuses you can safely do it from but I forget which fuses are for aux only.

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure every connector is tight. Remove the relay and plug it in again. I can't think of anything else. If you have a volt meter, with the switch on but light unplugged, see what the voltage is at the connector.

jeeeep

Hooked
Harness is wired to the battery and the ground is going to the battery as well - negative.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

which bolt did you put the ground on?
sorry not the cinch bolt, the small one that already has other connections on it - there's another post on here that shows why not to add more connections to the small bolt

Last edited:

jasonswenk

Image1485727066.121566.jpg
So here is one pic showing the connection of the relay and connections to battery, there is a bolt over the black wire that I ran from the harness.

Image1485727169.998555.jpg
Other pic showing yellow wire spliced off harness connecting two lights running to the switch.

jeeeep

Hooked
Rugged Ridge doesn't seem to believe in posting any support articles or install instructions for their products - huge pet peave of moine.

when you say "spliced off harness" did you splice into the Jeep harness?

this isn't Rugged Ridge diagram but your wiring should be similar:

basic wire diagram.jpg

jasonswenk

This helps. Thanks. I have the two lights going to the switch. Then I have wires from relay also going to the switch. The spice is from connecting the two lights where I have black going to ground and the yellow going to the switch. Make sense?

jeeeep

Hooked
do you have the ground from the switch connected?

there should be a relay to ground and switch to ground like in the diagram

Your lights should be wired together and then go to the relay only. The relay is triggered by the switch it will not power the lights at all. So take the lights and wire them to 1 power and 1 ground wire. Power and ground both go to the Relay. Relay is wired to the battery for ground and power. Switch triggers the relay and can draw its power and ground from multiple sources. Also that big black cable on your battery is to the wrong post. nothing should go there as it will stop the connection from getting tight enough on the terminal.

Top Bottom