Factory Seat Heater Stopped Working

twoxstreem

My driver seat heater stopped working this weekend. I checked the connections under the seat, fuse and replaced the seat heater module by the radio.

I press the button and it lights up for 2 seconds and then shuts off. The passenger side works fine.

Anyone else have this problem?

WW_Svi

Could be in the pad itself. Possibly a broken wire or a bad temp sensor. You could try checking the ohms on you pad and compare them to the passenger side. If it's zero ohms then it's a broke wire or something to create an open circuit, may only happen when sitting on it. I believe check corp makes the heating units so you could always try calling/emailing for diagnostic help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CharlesC

Had a problem with this when I did a super chips flash cal. For some reason when I installed the flash cal the heated seats stopped working. Took it in to the shop and they had me uninstall and whalla seats heated up! The fix for me was, I reinstalled the flash cal, then I removed the positive lead on the battery for 5min or so. Working ever since-not for sure if you have cal unit or not, but you might just want to disconnect the battery. Worth a try🥃

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

twoxstreem

Found the problem and soliton. I replaced the bottom cushion heat element pn# 68242605AA for my 2012 w leather and my seats are now warm again.

It required removing the seat and partially removing the front 1/2 of the bottom seat cover.

I was able to carefully pull out the old warming element which has a tacky backing w only partially removing the sides and front of the seat cover and snipping the front most 6 hog rings. I left the side hog rings in place. You will need torx bits to remove the seat belt and side seat adjuster handle.

The new element was slid in to place by sliding it between the cover and foam cushion. I then carefully pulled the wire and connector down through the hole in the back of the cushion. the wax paper backing was pulled slowly forward while the element was in place. It was helpful to dog ear the backing paper prior to sliding it in.

I zip tied the seat cover back on instead of using hog rings and installed the seat back into the jeep. Make sure to snip and turn the heads of zip ties down to avoid rubbing through the seat cover.

All in all it took 1 hour and $40 in parts.

This is a photo of the old warming element. No visible wire breaks so it must have just worn out from wear and tear.

Hope this helps someone.

For what it's worth I did replace the module under the dash (next to radio) first as a precautionary measure. pn# 68299657aa

IMG_2826.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CharlesC

Good deal, glad you found the problem!🥃 Never thought I would use the heated seats in my jeep as much as I do. When they stop working , you realize how nice they are and for sure how much the wife likes them[emoji106]. Who knew? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

NeverLost00

This is an older thread, but thank you for the detailed write up! Mine quit this morning, same issue.
Thanks again!

Top Bottom