35 inch tire psi highway/pavement

lesterjanpearson

Hi Guys. I been trying to find out whats the correct psi for 35 tires, nitto trails. when daily driving?

currently its on 20. just got out of shop. and the tire pressure monitor is lighting up. how do I disable it?

I assume it checks for 30-35 psi range.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi Guys. I been trying to find out whats the correct psi for 35 tires, nitto trails. when daily driving?

currently its on 20. just got out of shop. and the tire pressure monitor is lighting up. how do I disable it?

You can disable it, or adjust it with an AEV Procal. Probably around 30 lbs. I run 32. The only way to know for sure, is to rub chalk on the tread, drive it a little, and see whether the chalk wears off on the outer edges, the center of the tread, or evenly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Honestly every Jeep is different but it seems the norm is between 28-30 psi for 35's. the best way to figure out the pressure for you is to do the chalk test. Find a flat straight spot of pavement (empty parking lot or your driveway if long enough), put a thick line of chalk across your tire tread, drive 20' and look at the tire. If the chalk is only gone in the middle it's to much air. Only gone on the edge is to little air. You want to to wear evenly across the tire.

All of that being said my 2 door ran 28 psi on my 35" mud grapplers.

zimm

Caught the Bug
30-35 is good for the highway. Stock is 38. I run 32. Under 30 and it's very squirmy for me.

Ddays

Hooked
30-35 is good for the highway. Stock is 38. I run 32. Under 30 and it's very squirmy for me.

A lot of that depends on the load range of your tires too. Mine are 'E's and ride stiff until I went down to the 26-28 psi range. On long trips I will put up with a stiffer ride & air up to 35 if I'm on an interstate for a while.
Does help some with less rolling resistence.

zimm

Caught the Bug
True. My duratracs are load range "D" and have thinner sidewalls.

Also, the AEV pro cal can adjust when your TPMS light comes on.

PapasJP

I run 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers in E at 26 cold. Nice ride and wear.

This is after I did the chalk test of course.

Lil Nasty

Honestly every Jeep is different but it seems the norm is between 28-30 psi for 35's. the best way to figure out the pressure for you is to do the chalk test. Find a flat straight spot of pavement (empty parking lot or your driveway if long enough), put a thick line of chalk across your tire tread, drive 20' and look at the tire. If the chalk is only gone in the middle it's to much air. Only gone on the edge is to little air. You want to to wear evenly across the tire.

All of that being said my 2 door ran 28 psi on my 35" mud grapplers.

I've chalk tested every tire I've had on the jeep. Most of them like 25-32 psi.

Journeyman

My e rated toyo rt's ride the best at 28 psi, but I discovered that at that psi I would would some slight cupping on the shoulder lugs so I bumped them up to 32 and that went away.

bekel

psi

I chalked my when I got it 35/12.5/18 bfg ko2 came in the best around 25psi I used a flashcal to disable the tps

Top Bottom