JK stretch kit

SoCalDozer

anyone know anything about the EVO stretch kit that was used on Vengeance?
I wouldnt mind doing one on mine when the time comes but not sure what all is involved. I know a few companies offer them right now.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't believe that was a kit. It was a one off. They can do them though but I doubt its something you would be doing in your driveway at home.

bl17z90

That seems like something i would have them do bu to get my jeep all the way to so cal and let them have it for who knows how long (im sure that rig took at least a month or 2 for the suspension system to be done)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, VENGEANCE has a custom kit that was made specifically for it but, I do know that Off Road Evolution already has people lined up to have their 2-doors get the same treatment. :yup:

TacPen

Banned
I know Rock Krawler makes a production 3" stretch kit for the 2-DR JK. Pushes the wheelbase out to 99" apparently.

SoCalDozer

For some reason I thought it was a kit that would be released, no biggie.
I know synergy also makes a stretch kit that works with their long arm kit and gen right is coming out with a new set of fenders for stretched 2 doors.
Stretched 2 doors just look so bad ass :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason I thought it was a kit that would be released, no biggie.
I know synergy also makes a stretch kit that works with their long arm kit and gen right is coming out with a new set of fenders for stretched 2 doors.
Stretched 2 doors just look so bad ass :rock:

There's been enough demand for it that it very well may come out as a builders kit.

DanMojo82

How much does it affect the turning radius though? I know that my 2 door will be stretched before I can remotely consider it done. But thats going to come after new axles and a weld in cage.

SoCalDozer

How much does it affect the turning radius though? I know that my 2 door will be stretched before I can remotely consider it done. But thats going to come after new axles and a weld in cage.

Same for me, I am working on all the research for doing a 1 ton swap. Im hoping to do a stretch at the same time.
I wont be happy until im on 40's and stretched

rtguy1

As mentioned, VENGEANCE has a custom kit that was made specifically for it but, I do know that Off Road Evolution already has people lined up to have their 2-doors get the same treatment. :yup:

I'm one of em!!! got the call on friday that my prorocks are now ready. pr44 up front and pr60 out back. both at 68.5" width v. stock 65.5". should be dropping it off soon. not sure if mel wants it this week or after he races the hammers. i should find out today. setup will be similar to vengeance..... lots of ways to stretch a 2door though. i will be doing the high clearance long arm brackets on mine as well, where vengeance used stock control arm mounts. i will be going through the tub in the rear for kings similar to the vengeance build. custom evo stretch skins.

like WOL said, basically all stretchs are custom. the "kits" that are sold by other companies still require a good amount of fab work. waste of money imo to go 3" or less. evo can do whatever you want done. they can replicate the v build for you, or add some different twists. just put your money in their hands and good things happen.:brows:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm one of em!!! got the call on friday that my prorocks are now ready. pr44 up front and pr60 out back. both at 68.5" width v. stock 65.5". should be dropping it off soon. not sure if mel wants it this week or after he races the hammers. i should find out today. setup will be similar to vengeance..... lots of ways to stretch a 2door though. i will be doing the high clearance long arm brackets on mine as well, where vengeance used stock control arm mounts. i will be going through the tub in the rear for kings similar to the vengeance build. custom evo stretch skins.

like WOL said, basically all stretchs are custom. the "kits" that are sold by other companies still require a good amount of fab work. waste of money imo to go 3" or less. evo can do whatever you want done. they can replicate the v build for you, or add some different twists. just put your money in their hands and good things happen.:brows:

Well congratulations to you!! That's awesome and I can't wait to see it :thumb:

One of the things that I like most about the EVO 2-door stretch is that unlike everyone else, it's designed specifically to use their coil overs and sit low. I know it may seem silly to some but, I also like how they've address the fuel filler and integrate it into the quarter panel armor. All the other kits just have the fuel filler and hose just dangling there or leave it up to you to find a better solution.

rtguy1

Well congratulations to you!! That's awesome and I can't wait to see it :thumb:

One of the things that I like most about the EVO 2-door stretch is that unlike everyone else, it's designed specifically to use their coil overs and sit low. I know it may seem silly to some but, I also like how they've address the fuel filler and integrate it into the quarter panel armor. All the other kits just have the fuel filler and hose just dangling there or leave it up to you to find a better solution.

yes sir, thank you!! i discussed my desire to stay as low as reasonably acheivable(ALARA- I use this acronym discussing patient dose in radiology...fits well with jeeps too....lol) with Mel. he is def on board with that idea. they WILL be relocating my fuel filler forward of the wheel well and it will be attached like vengeance on the new skins. i've seen a ton of stretched rigs and none of them had a turn key "kit". there was work to be done on top of the "kit" to make it all come together. going to Mel at EVO for my build was a no brainer for me. He is happy to do the build and I'm crazy excited about it. I'm positive I will be very happy when its completed.:rock:

SoCalDozer

so they basically used the stock arm mounts and just added long arms to get a stretch out of it? that is a pretty good idea.
I want to keep mine as low as possible as well but I wont be stretching it until I buy another truck for a dd because I want to start doing my own fab work. always loved building stuff, started out by building a trailer with my pops and got hooked on making stuff lol

RDE2ROK

I really like the 12" stretch that EVO did.I would love to do that on mine as well!
Here is a pic of a Poly Performance 8" stretch kit on a JK.

image-843910754.jpg

image-3158603177.jpg

It looks pretty cool ,but notice how high it sits,and I think 44" tires are a bit much. If I was going to go through the time & money on stretching my JK I would defiantly go the EVO way!

rtguy1

so they basically used the stock arm mounts and just added long arms to get a stretch out of it? that is a pretty good idea.

basically. they still had to fab a ton of other stuff like the shock tower, cut the tub, move the swaybar, move the fuel filler, exhaust, etc.

rtguy1

I really like the 12" stretch that EVO did.I would love to do that on mine as well!
Here is a pic of a Poly Performance 8" stretch kit on a JK.

View attachment 14219

View attachment 14220

It looks pretty cool ,but notice how high it sits,and I think 44" tires are a bit much. If I was going to go through the time & money on stretching my JK I would defiantly go the EVO way!

that is really nice!1 it has a front stretch as well. def sits too high for my taste though. mines gonna be a daily driver on 37's:brows:

Top Bottom