EVO offset fairlead light mount - Will it work for me?

Napalm

Probably a stupid question, but my search turned up no results so embarrassment is inevitable.

Anyone out there using the EVO Offset Fairlead light mount?

I'm looking for a mounting solution for some lights I've just received, and I'm contemplating running them on my Quarter Pounder. I have a question about the Fairlead mount that EVO sells.

Is anyone running an offset fairlead light mount with a center fairlead? Can you do this? Will the lights be off center to one side ?

EVO offers the two different mounts, but I'm just wondering if I can use the offset fairlead mount on my center mounted fairlead.. if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance for any help, and again, sorry for the stupid question.

IMG_1635.jpg
IMG_1634.jpg
IMG_1633.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Probably a stupid question, but my search turned up no results so embarrassment is inevitable.

I'm looking for a mounting solution for some lights I've just received, and I'm contemplating running them on my Quarter Pounder. I have a question about the Fairlead mount that EVO sells.

Is anyone running an offset fairlead light mount with a center fairlead? Can you do this? Will the lights be off center to one side ?

EVO offers the two different mounts, but I'm just wondering if I can use the offset fairlead mount on my center mounted fairlead.. if that makes any sense.

Thanks in advance for any help, and again, sorry for the stupid question.

View attachment 241779
View attachment 241780
View attachment 241781

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes the off center mount could possibly work BUT you would have to flip it around so that the license plate holes face your winch. That being said it might hit your winch and not mount properly. I think it's safe to say you need the center mount

Napalm

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes the off center mount could possibly work BUT you would have to flip it around so that the license plate holes face your winch. That being said it might hit your winch and not mount properly. I think it's safe to say you need the center mount

This was my fear! Dang.

tgoss

Yes, folks use it to center their lighting with offset winches...

Are you planning on using a set of offset lights?.....

Sure you can, it will offset the lights to one side depending on which way you flip the mount.

You appear to have a centered mount winch, correct me if I'm wrong, but from how the fairlead offsetting tab is set on your bumper everything seems centered.... Why would you use any other lighting mount solution other than the "centered" offering by the company that makes the bumper to center your lights in between the stinger and the bumper. WTF am I missing?

xxJWPxx

I had to send mine back because I couldn't get it to work with my winch/quarter pounder set up. The lights were off center (my winch is center mounted) and if I flipped it, it hit the winch.

I searched around and ended up getting a Shitty Bilt one that was exactly what I needed. Wouldn't normally run Smitty Bilt on my Jeep but made an exception for this as all it was doing was holding up two lights.

Here's a pic of how it looks.

fairlead light mount.jpg

Napalm

I had to send mine back because I couldn't get it to work with my winch/quarter pounder set up. The lights were off center (my winch is center mounted) and if I flipped it, it hit the winch.

I searched around and ended up getting a Shitty Bilt one that was exactly what I needed. Wouldn't normally run Smitty Bilt on my Jeep but made an exception for this as all it was doing was holding up two lights.

Here's a pic of how it looks.

View attachment 241879

I'm worried I will still get rubbing even with the EVO fairlead centered mount on my winch.

Decisions, decisions.

Napalm

My mock ups that I've done with the lights on the front, I am having some rubbing on the drivers side on the rear of the light. It hits my winch control box and once mounted I wouldn't be able to pull my winch cover off.

Napalm

Well the light mount points outwards putting those lights outboard from the winch. I'll measure the distance tonight and take a picture so you can get an idea exaclty where they will be.

Thank you tgoss. That will help my decision.

Jackal01

I like the bumper mount. I didn't like light on my hood when I had them on A pillar. Seemed like a waste of light that could be on the ground as well.

Napalm

Went ahead and ordered the EVO center fairlead light mount. :)

I wanted to see if it was possible to use the offset one because a fellow Wayalifer had one for sale and I wanted to buy from him. But, the center mount is the one I went with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom