ProRock 44/ PSC steering question

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Ordering today. What length ram is needed for the PR44? The PSC kit listed for aftermarket axles (SK266) lists a 8" ram. The kit for factory axles (SK261) lists a 6.75" ram. My Dana 30 steering travel measures about 7.3"

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Just the standard length ram.

8" ram is for full width axles. PR44 is no wider than your d30.

Good topic. I also have a question on this. I have a PR44 with the PR44 PSC kit right now. I'll be getting a PR60 front axle very soon...the PR60 comes with their own ram assist mounting system. I'm assuming I can reuse my current PSC with their mounting system with no issues?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good topic. I also have a question on this. I have a PR44 with the PR44 PSC kit right now. I'll be getting a PR60 front axle very soon...the PR60 comes with their own ram assist mounting system. I'm assuming I can reuse my current PSC with their mounting system with no issues?

Not necessarily. In the past, you would have needed to replace what you have and install an 8" ram. I don't know for sure how their new setup works with the built in mount but I would check with Dynatrac to verify.

Not necessarily. In the past, you would have needed to replace what you have and install an 8" ram. I don't know for sure how their new setup works with the built in mount but I would check with Dynatrac to verify.

Thanks. I'll reach out to Dynatrac and get their thoughts. My fingers are crossed I can reuse what I currently got...:doh:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good topic. I will be piecing together a kit soon myself and was wondering about ram length. Guess I will be grabbing the 6.75 ram

deadguy

I just installed a 6.75 ram on my pr44. I have the steering stops In the stock depth and the RAM seems to just tap them lock to lock on each side. Pr44 has a synergy weld on trackbar mount and all synergy steering grear with a psc kit.
IMG_20170126_174125741.jpg

Sent from a guy with a jeep

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Top Bottom