Tire size Performance differences

Sporadic

Sould I expect to notice any performance differerences (on or off road) between a 35x12.50R18 and a 295x70R18? Looking at the Nitto Trail Grappler. My ride is a 13' JKSU, currently stock but leaning towards adding one of these to the 3" Rancho sport kit with RS9000's or the 2.5 AEV Dual Sport XT.

I want the look of the 35's but if I can save some money on rubber, performance and road noise by getting the 295's that would be good:thumb:

Thanks in advance for the advise!

Ty

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Couple of things to consider. Assuming no clearance or rubbing issues, you're probably better off with the 35s.
Given that you are running 18 rims, you will want more tire both dia and width to cushion/grab your ride off road. I don't think there will be much of a difference on road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There will be a difference but slight enough that you wouldn't be able to know it unless you were to do a side by side comparison. If you're considering 35's, you should just do it cause you'll regret it later if you don't.

Sporadic

Thanks guys.

Shifting gears for a moment (pun intended), after much flip flopping my first mods will be, 2.5" AEV dual sport lift, RS9000 shocks, Moto 18x9's, 35x12.50 R18 Nitto trail grapplers over stock 13' JKSU, auto, 3:73. Will my ride suffer if I don't include the correction brackets with the AEV kit?

I do understand that I will be losing some power and performance on the highway by not re-gearing right away.

Thanks,
Ty

Top Bottom