Tie Rod Ends!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Trying to replace my tie rod ends and it seems all that the auto parts stores sell for passenger side is a kit that includes the tie rod. Does anyone have any clue or reason why and where I can just get the ends for a decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The passenger side is crimped in the bar. Think that is the only way to get it.

That makes sense then. I found autozone sells just the end, not sure how I would get them changed though if it is crimped in. Bites that it's $150+ for just that side and another $30 for the driver side

Andy5160

Hooked
Had mine done under warranty but before doing so i looked at some upgrades and the list expensive option was Crown. Since i was covered there was no need to spend money at the time.

Driver side end is easy to replace because it is just an end link part however passenger side end link is crimped into the bar itself and comes in one piece.

It is an easy do it yourself project

Good luck

jknikos

I am now on my way to get a replacement tie rod end from a local shop. The passenger is one piece with the whole bar. I dont think it is worth trying to change it because it is pressed with the whole bar. Just check if the adjuster is in good condition cause it may needs replacement too and is a diifferent part.

I just found a replacement tie rod brand called 'baw' in a decent price. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

Trail JK

Currie recently released some good pricing on theirs. When I did my axle swap, I got a Crown assembly for around 100.

Example:

View attachment 241899

Just replaced my driver side end last week. I was able to drive to their warehouse because it's close by. They now have two that they sell, their super beefy one at the same old price (made in USA). The less expensive one is slightly less beefy although still looks very heavy duty and is made outside of the USA at the new lower price point.

Eezybreezy08

I'm not trying to high jack your thread but I have bent my tierod bar and instead of just replacing it with stock I'm wanting to know what kind of upgrade everyone on here is using. Nothing against the stock I've just heard it's flimsy and instead of sinking money into something I'm gonna keep replacing why not upgrade

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Thank you everyone for your responses! I'm looking at either the crown or having a buddy build me the same thing as the ruffstuff 1-ton setup. Would rather go crown for price and ease reasons but it'll be close to two weeks before I received it and seeing as I have a Moab trip in a month I don't want to cut it that close. However with going to 37's I think the 1-ton setup would be a better option in the long run...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I'm not trying to high jack your thread but I have bent my tierod bar and instead of just replacing it with stock I'm wanting to know what kind of upgrade everyone on here is using. Nothing against the stock I've just heard it's flimsy and instead of sinking money into something I'm gonna keep replacing why not upgrade

Ruff stuff has always made a great product from what I've seen and used and are offering their 1-ton conversion setup for around $175

Top Bottom