Take offs 3.73. Thinking of buying.

10abadilla/jk

I have been in contact with a guy who is selling his take offs. 3.73 gears and carriers. Front and rear axle shafts. 32 and 30 spline. I have 3.21 and a 27 and 30 spline. The question I have is what spline are the unit bearing?

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I'm pretty sure the outer stub shaft and unit bearing are 32 splines.

EDIT: Looking at a couple of parts vendors, the D30 and D44 unit bearings are both 32 splines. Do your own research, but that's what it appears.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It honestly isn't worth it to just from 3.21 to 3.73 gears especially for that price. Just do yourself a favor and save a bit more to do a full regear and install

WJCO

Meme King
I kind of overlooked the entire post here and just answered your question about the spline count. I agree with the others. What's you ultimate goal out of this? And what max size tire are you planning on running?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Also I didn't think about this but since you have 3.21 gears in assuming you have a sport and his 3.73 gears are coming out of a rubicon? If so then the fronts will not fit your d30

10abadilla/jk

My ultimate goal is 4.88 truetrac on the stock d30 until that axle goes out. And I plan on running 37s in the next year or so and am building everything up now slowly to obtain the goal of 37s. The reason I looked into this option is because of the 3.21 I have now. And 3.73 would feel a lot better on 35s. I thought if I talked him down enough it may have been worth it. But I see it may not work out for me anyways.

WJCO

Meme King
My ultimate goal is 4.88 truetrac on the stock d30 until that axle goes out. And I plan on running 37s in the next year or so and am building everything up now slowly to obtain the goal of 37s. The reason I looked into this option is because of the 3.21 I have now. And 3.73 would feel a lot better on 35s. I thought if I talked him down enough it may have been worth it. But I see it may not work out for me anyways.

If you're planning on 37s, you need a pr44 or Dana 60. Don't build the 30.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Just keep saving for the 4.88's and truetrac. Even if you found a set of 3.73 that came out of a d30 it still isn't even worth it

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I have been in contact with a guy who is selling his take offs. 3.73 gears and carriers. Front and rear axle shafts. 32 and 30 spline. I have 3.21 and a 27 and 30 spline. The question I have is what spline are the unit bearing?

I've had a JK with 3.21 and 3.73 gears both suck and you really can't tell much difference. Save your money

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

10abadilla/jk

Well thank you all so much for the information. The guy states the gears Are out of a d30. None the less mistake on my part. And I apologize for the thread. And thank you all again for the useful help.

Draconianwinter

Could be from a Sahara back country. They use the 3.73 hearing in that as well. I think it is a d30 front and d44 rear. But not sure. That said 400 seems very high for a used set. Would be different if they only had a few miles on them before he changed them, but keep in mind you have no idea how he drove on and off road so you never know if it will last long.

sent from your basement

Draconianwinter

And like everyone else said. No point in going to that gear ratio from a 3.21 as it early won't make enough of a difference. So no matter if it fits it is ultimately a huge waist of money and time.

sent from your basement

Top Bottom