Rock crawler suspension

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are lots of guys out there who run their kits. What are you wanting to know or should I say, what is it about their kit that got you looking at it over other kits?

FuriousDz

I ran their 3.5" kit. Quality is good only thing I could say that was a little annoyance was the control arm bushings started to squeak after a while.

Just picked up a new JKU and will be going with the evo enforcer kit or evo bolt-on coil over kit on this one.

good luck to you

zimm

Caught the Bug
I had the 2.5 "flex". The only thing remaining is the lower control arms and trac bar, but I would MUCH rather have the EVO arms. I'd recommend the EVO enforcer, which I would have went that route with a drag link flip.

Now I'm on EVO 3" plush rides, drag link flip, and I could have used my old stock track bars and front end links saving hundreds.

Flat Top

Max travel 3.5 here (4 years). Overall solid kit but I've never liked the ride with Bilstien 5100. I don't know if it was the shocks or RK springs but it's less that impressive. They addressed the squeaky bushing with new joints this past year with new frame side joints (I assume) but WD40 every couple months or so does wonders :D. Biggest gripe was the extra long lower control arms. I had to crank the arms to their shortest to clear the right rear trackbar mount from bottoming out on bumps.

Plus side was very solid arms and great flex. It's held up well for my DD with limited (but fairly hard) offloading.

When I bought my driving factors were a good price for all 8 arms plus made in USA. In truth replacing all 8 arms is not really needed.

I would not make the same choice again.

OhNoTheJiggies

Got the 3.5 x factor. Not a bad kit but their "mid arm" stuff is kinda dumb. (Also, not a real thing since they aren't halfway between stock and a long arm kit as you don't put new frame brackets on) anyway... Arms are solid and ends are good with lubrication, although hard to squeeze grease into. Bid stupidity is the rear arms are, in this kit, meant to push your rear axle back about an inch which also requires you to push the rear sway bar back some.

Any who, I wouldn't buy the kit again, and based on one's I've seen, I'd say that you should look into curries and evos entry level kits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Here comes Mr. Broken Record....

If you go with RK DO NOT get the Mid-rm kit because it is all marketing hype. As someone else noted it pushes your axle back an inch "allowing your wheel to be centered in the opening".
Blah blah blah. This also causes your rear coils to look like slinkies (yes, even with the POS correction wedges), your passenger side track bar mount to smash into the bumpstop, and in my case, the track bar to whack the diff cover. You also have to move the sway bay mounting brackets back an inch on the frame. In other words it is not a bolt on & go kit. You have to piss around with the rear way too much when there are other kits out there that are as good, if not better, that you don't have to do so much adjusting & relocating after the fact. I'm ok with the ride but I'd say that it's middle of the road as far as stiffness.

Also, you really have to make sure the joints are straight on the arms and to torque them down properly is a real bitch. Someone made a jig that allows you to do this but really, you shouldn't have to make your own goddam jig to install a damn lift kit.

IMHO, this is a middle of the road kit. I can't speak towards the standard kit (non mid-arm) but you still have the issue of getting the joints straight regardless of the kit.

Currie has a great kit but its a little expensive. EVO just came out with an 8 arm kit too and it looks damn stout. Honestly, you don't even really need an 8 arm kit. Any reason to not go with something like the EVO Enforcer kit?

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
Here comes Mr. Broken Record....

If you go with RK DO NOT get the Mid-rm kit because it is all marketing hype. As someone else noted it pushes your axle back an inch "allowing your wheel to be centered in the opening".
Blah blah blah. This also causes your rear coils to look like slinkies (yes, even with the POS correction wedges), your passenger side track bar mount to smash into the bumpstop, and in my case, the track bar to whack the diff cover. You also have to move the sway bay mounting brackets back an inch on the frame. In other words it is not a bolt on & go kit. You have to piss around with the rear way too much when there are other kits out there that are as good, if not better, that you don't have to do so much adjusting & relocating after the fact. I'm ok with the ride but I'd say that it's middle of the road as far as stiffness.

Also, you really have to make sure the joints are straight on the arms and to torque them down properly is a real bitch. Someone made a jig that allows you to do this but really, you shouldn't have to make your own goddam jig to install a damn lift kit.

IMHO, this is a middle of the road kit. I can't speak towards the standard kit (non mid-arm) but you still have the issue of getting the joints straight regardless of the kit.

Currie has a great kit but its a little expensive. EVO just came out with an 8 arm kit too and it looks damn stout. Honestly, you don't even really need an 8 arm kit. Any reason to not go with something like the EVO Enforcer kit?

Jerry,

Your posts are like music to my ears lately !!!!!!!!!!!

Thank's

zimm

Caught the Bug
The joints are a real bitch to get vertical after you slather the threads in red lock tite, put a giant adjustable wrench on them and attempt to get 250 ft/lbs. Once done, the end will not be vertical. Then you have to break the son-of-bitch loose again and try again. I got mine sorta close, but got tired of messing with it. I tried using a vice, and it's no good. They should really machine some flats in the bar so you can put a wrench on them.

Smokie322

Rock Krawler 2.5 max travel kit here

I got the 2.5 in max travel kit on my 2015 JKUR. This is the first time I have ever lifted a Jeep. Other than 4 wheel parts putting the springs from a 2 door kit on initially, the only problem I have had is the front track bar that came with the kit hits my front diff cover when fully compressed. I like the kit ok but it's only been 8 months and I don't have anything else to compare it to since it's my first one.

Jitsujeeper

Been running the 3.5 X-Factor since it came out. Ive put on 160k. I've upgraded the joints to the newest style within the last 2 years. Ride is a little stiff for a daily driver.
Pushing close to 200k on my 3.8 and have been looking a going to a new jeep. Next jeep will get the enforcer kit. Prices are damn close but evo has less parts to change and should perform pretty close to the same. Keeping t simple.
Just my opinion.

Top Bottom