Brake advice

Hey Jeepers,

Need to replace my rear brake pads due to wear. Fronts are fine, apparently the rears go faster on Jeeps. Seeing as I'm keeping the stock braking system, which pads would you recommend? I was kind of leaning towards the Wagners but don't know which to go with. Any advice is welcome. I have 33" MTRs if that makes any difference.

Also, do you think new brake pads will fix my E-Brake issue? It doesn't really hold at all. Even a slight incline and it will roll.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lank

I don't have any suggestions as to which brand but replacing your rear pads will not fix your parking brake. It is a completely separate assembly.

However it's likely that your parking brake just needs to be adjusted by turning the star wheel behind the rotors on both sides. There's a small grommet on the back of the dust shield it lives behind. I know there's a write-up somewhere on here about it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
As far as safety, any pad will do. As far as noise, generally the cheaper the pad, the more potential for noise.

dirtdonthurt

I replaced with stock pads but any decent pad would do. The rears wear a lot faster then the fronts. Plus the added weight of the 33's doesn't help. I turned off the hill holding feature. That uses your brakes every time you stop.

jeeeep

Hooked
I put the Wagner OEx pads on my Dynatrac ProGips and really like how well they handle, very little brake dust too :thumb:

I've got 6000 miles on them and all good

Hey Jeepers,

Need to replace my rear brake pads due to wear. Fronts are fine, apparently the rears go faster on Jeeps. Seeing as I'm keeping the stock braking system, which pads would you recommend? I was kind of leaning towards the Wagners but don't know which to go with. Any advice is welcome. I have 33" MTRs if that makes any difference.

Also, do you think new brake pads will fix my E-Brake issue? It doesn't really hold at all. Even a slight incline and it will roll.

Have you considered a full brake upgrade for your Jeep? What size wheels are you running?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have you considered a full brake upgrade for your Jeep? What size wheels are you running?

This^^^^ I recently put the progrips on my Jeep and they are amazing! I honestly could have locked up my brakes when I was on 35's if I tried. Now on 37's I stop on a dime still

Top Bottom