Moving to Sacramento and F'ing excited!!!

20 years ago I lived in Foresthill, CA outside of Sacto for a short time and I've been trying to get out there ever since. My memories consist of riding dirt bikes to Loon Lake, swinging the tallest rope swing I've ever seen at Sugar Pine Reservoir, fording the American River in a CJ-7, among other bad-ass, outdoor activities. However, with that being said, I've never done the acme of Jeep trails: The Rubicon! Please bring all your ideas, suggestions, opinions of Rubicon Trail necessities (for a newbie), watering holes, areas to look for a home, places of interest, or whatever comes to mind about that area; I welcome any and all ideas.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
A fantastic pub/restaurant called 36 handles is located just off hwy 50 in El Dorado Hills. Fantastic bacon wrapped meatloaf and Guinness bread pudding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepsySoul

Welcome and congrats!
You have me curious about that rope swing at Sugar Pine Reservoir... I might have to check that out this summer!

Riflefan

Welcome back to the area. I was out exploring in the Foresthill area last weekend. Great area to get out and enjoy.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1486187539.092479.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner but I was off the grid for a couple days. We'll be out there the first of April for a week or so, if anyone in the area is up for a beer and some food let me know!

Top Bottom