Jeep vs. Prius in Brooklyn = My Fault?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! So, I just got the following email from a guy named Gregoire Maisonneuve who lives in Brooklyn, NY and apparently, back on January 31, 2017, a guy in a Jeep with our decals on it parked in front of his Prius and allegedly, scratched his front bumper. Of course, the guy took photos of what he saw and instead of contacting the police to file a report, he looked us up online and contacted me through our swag store. This is the email that he sent.

Date: February 3, 2017 at 11:15:14 AM EST
To: wayalife.com
Subject: My car got damaged by a Project-JK Jeep

Hi,
Is this your car?
Or one of your clienst I guess.
They scratched my front bumper, and of course left the scene without a number or a sorry-note.
As I was passing by, I took the photos before they left as I knew something could happen considering the way they parked.
And a photo after, of my bumper.
I think the owner would be so upset if his toy was scratched.
Please advise,
Thank you.
Greg

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Of course, being that our decals were on the Jeep in question, it MUST belong to us or at least is somehow connected to us and therefore, we must be the ones who are responsible. :naw:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
No way that Jeep made that tiny mark. Look how low the area of alleged damage is in relation to the angle of the bumper.

This dude thinks you own that Jeep or something, and thinks he can get a check.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
seems fishy...

so are we to believe Prius guy parked his car, went about his day, walked back to his car, saw the jeep, took pictures of it because he had a feeling the jeep COULD damage his vehicle... then left his Prius where it sat anyway... :thinking:

In that case, we got ourselves a regular phucking Eisenstein here...

But; I'm willing to bet it went something more along the lines of... the dude with the Jeep was already parked, and possibly "poorly"; this asshat in his Prius pulled in behind the jeep and parked as close as he could because the back of jeep was over the line... he got out of his Prius and took pictures with the mentality of "if he hits me, I have photos of his plates" :crazyeyes:

The latter story seems much more believable in my book

benatc1

Hooked
this must be one of the dumbest fucking people ive ever seen. I wonder if he wrote the same email to Jeep coorporation as they emblem is on the Jeep as well:thinking:

Chad

Are you kidding me? This jackass needs to find a better use for his time. Ok Eddie, since you are guilty by association because of the JK sticker, you better forget the paint job on Calamity Jane and use that money to paint the black speck on this tree hugger's bumper.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I will gladly pay to have you send this bag of dicks a Wayalife sticker, with a polite little note telling him to put it over the scratch.

Eugene

Not sure how I was Cc'd on the reply...

hypothetical reply said:
Gregoire,
Thank you for the note and the photos. I appreciate that we have Jeep enthusiasts around the world and even in Brooklyn. I would like to commend the owner of that Jeep on their decisions regarding Sunset Orange (great color), Nitto Trail Grapplers (great tire), and Poison Spyder rear bumper and tire carrier that sits too high to scratch a car that far down the bodywork (what the f**k). Did you leave your Prius parked upside down?

I appreciate the effort you put into contacting the person who allegedly scratched your vehicle. Never mind that he or she is parked right in front of you and almost certainly going to return to their vehicle. I can only assume that, to cover all bases, you sent similar emails to Michael Manley, Akira Nobuki, Delmar Roos, and Sesame Street regarding the color orange.

What is most impressive, however, is that you intentionally purchased a Prius and then put in this effort regarding a scratch. To people who enjoy driving, the Prius is one of the worst cars ever made. People buy a Prius because they don't like buying gas and are willing to sacrifice everything enjoyable about a car to buy gas as infrequently as possible. So, kudos to you on being so enamored of your people mover.

In closing, I am dumber for having read your email. I will expect a sorry-note for exposing me to your lunacy.

Good day, sir.

DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as humor or satire and does not portray any actual correspondence, regardless of format, between any owner or member of this forum and owners of hybrid automobiles.

Last edited:

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Alternate scenario is he tried to file a police report along with his CSI photos and the officer flat out told him that the Jeep did not cause that damage and now Inspector Clouseau is trying another avenue rather than using touch up paint

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom