Hello from Long Beach, CA!!

NaisaMike

Hello everyone my name is Mike, and I recently attended the Suds n' Grub meet in Anaheim that featured the Mighty FC; that's where I met Eddie and his wife Cindy who kindly told me about the Wayalife forum. So now I'm here and wanted to introduce myself to everyone since I am new to Jeeps and the whole off-roading community.

A little about myself: I am 25, and currently pursuing my dream of becoming a California Highway Patrolman. I obtained my 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition after selling my 1994 Honda Accord EX sedan (I will post pictures of both). I love cars of all types, and after owning a lowered Honda, I must say it's a nice change to drive a Jeep. I was involved with the Honda community for the most of my licensed life, so I have absolutely have no experience or knowledge about off-roading. I also enjoy camping and hiking, so I hope owning a Jeep will assist with that hobby.

A little about my Jeep: It's a 4.0L TJ Sahara Edition with the optional Dana44 rear end, and about 150k miles. It was completely stock when I got her in March 2012, and I only did one modification since then. I replaced the OEM wheels with JK Rubicon wheels, since I had trouble finding TJ Moabs in my price range. I did that with 1.5" adapters, and haven't had any problems with stock height and OEM fender flares. I was able to mount a matching spare with a bracket from Teraflex. My next mod will be a 4" lift kit from ZONE OFF-ROAD paired with a JKS front trackbar. The overall goal of my build is to have a comfortable daily driver that can survive a trail every now and then.

Pictures:

How my Honda looked in her prime:
DSCF6508.jpg

How my TJ currently sits:
472191_3694451690018_262248970_o_zps47f93184.jpg

So that's pretty much it, I hope to learn as much as I can from everyone and help out where I can, thanks for reading.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE!! I remember talking to you at the bar and I'm so glad that you signed up!! I sure hope you'll join us on a run in the near future :thumb:

BTW, your Honda was nice but, I think you'll have just as much fun if not more so in your new Jeep :yup:

NaisaMike

Thanks for the very kind welcome everyone! :) The Jeep has definitely taken me more places than my Honda so far, and I am very glad I have it. I am even happier that I was introduced to a Jeep community as nice as this one.

And the Jeep is certainly much more fun Eddie haha. :thumb:

Top Bottom