Sway bar quick disconnect

Bryce Hunter

Alright I'm a cheap guy and I like to get projects done on my Jeep without going and buying the parts. Has anyone attempted to make your own quick disconnects for your sway bars. If so please let me know how you did it, it would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Alright I'm a cheap guy and I like to get projects done on my Jeep without going and buying the parts. Has anyone attempted to make your own quick disconnects for your sway bars. If so please let me know how you did it, it would be much appreciated.

I did for five or six months. I used the clevis pin method posted above.
Now I'm running JKS discos. Honestly the DIY is shit.
Your swaybar will be extremely noisy from how loose they are, and it will have more body roll then normal.
I eventually ended up ripping off one of the swaybar axle mounts from the up and down leverage.
Do yourself a favor and save up for a quality set.

**Also, by the time I swapped to JKS my old swaybar link bushings were blown out from the diy.

Bryce Hunter

So I take it is a bad idea to make your own disconnects. How much is say a good set of disconnects?

I've been looking at prices and they range from $60-120 how much should I spend

J

JKDream

So I take it is a bad idea to make your own disconnects. How much is say a good set of disconnects?

I've been looking at prices and they range from $60-120 how much should I spend

To each their own, I just really did not like mine.
Short of a rubi swaybar, I wouldn't recommend anything other than JKS.

WJCO

Meme King
I entertained the idea for awhile, but realized I didn't want to go through the trouble and then have it not work out. Being that other manufactured ones even had bad reviews, I figured my diy ones wouldn't work that well. I bought the JKs ones, great reviews.

RioGrandeJK

JKS are where it's at. I'm super happy with mine. Only issue is if you lose the Lynch pin. The ones you can get at the farm store aren't quite the same size. Requires some filing to get a replacement to fit. I'd recommend ordering extra pins from JKS.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom