Been here awhile, better late than never

scrota76

I thought I had posted here before, but in a different post I was told I needed to post here.

Back story, in 2006 a work buddy asked me if I wanted to go camping on Mojave Road. I said yes and was hooked. At the time I had a 4X4 truck, but needed something better. After lots of hours on Google searching I decided on a 2008 Jeep JKU Rubicon. I bought it brand new, it's the silver one shown in the pictures. 20170204_222546.jpeg

Life took me in another direction a couple years later, and life (aka wife) didn't think a Jeep backseat was good for car seats. After 4 years of crying I convinced her that a Jeep would be good for the family again. I think she got tired of hearing about Jeeps, and let me get one just to shut me up. 20140408_083155.jpeg

I learned from having the 2008 JKU that I really didn't need all the factory bells and whistles if I was just going to upgrade it myself. So I got a 2014 Jeep JKU Willy's Wheeler. No power door locks, no power windows, less stuff to break. I did opt for an automatic transmission.

Since I bought it 3 years ago, I have added the following:

3.5 AEV lift
35 x 12.5 KO2 tires
AEV rear bumper with Tire carrier & H2O
AEV gas can 20140409_103350.jpeg 5125.jpeg 20170204_225136.jpg 10836.jpg
AEV highlift/pull pal carrier
Rear flood light
Rigid industries A pillar lights
Laser Star spotlights on front bumper
ARB compressor on Synergy mount
JCR front bumper
Quadratec stealth 9500 winch
Cobra all in one CB/4' fire stick antenna
Kenwood V71a vhf/uhf radio
Synergy sway bar disconnects
Synergy wheel spacers
Rear seat recline kit
AEV rear diff skid
Odyssey Battery

On order:
Front runner sliding tray
Front runner cargo tray
Front runner wolf packs
Viair 2.0 gallon air tank
Synergy air tank mount
Synergy air tank plumbing kit

Wish list:
Pro Rock 44 front end
ARB Locker front
Ox locker rear (cable shift) (I know I'm f'ed up)
Gears 4.56 (I run 35's)
Drive shafts
Long arm suspension
Fender flares
Front runner half roof rack

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

scrota76

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your JKU. Looks like you have definitely fallen victim to the sickess.....lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes I have. I showed my wife a quote for a pro rock 44 front end, and new gears, you would think I suggested selling a kid or something. At least she said I could work OT and save the money to pay for it.

J.E.E.P=Just Empty Every Pocket

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Wave from Wisconsin [emoji1588]. That's a good looking WW with a pretty awesome list of upgrades. Welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom