Thoughts on Trail Rocker Accessor Control System?

jasonswenk

I am starting to add more and more lights to the JK but I wanted to know if anyone has used this and what is there thoughts. Is there something better. I already have the light switches mounted but want to keep the wires clean and easy to add too. Let me know and thanks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

TrailRockers are what I have waiting for me to install once the weather gets a bit warmer. The quality of the kit is superb and it comes with an incredibly detailed instruction manual.
I like that the power box sits near the battery and keeps the power feed wire short, and also looks real clean like that I feel.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Works awesome. Heavy duty 12 gauge wire in the bundle. Make sure you loctite the mounting screws on the circuit box. It comes with standard carling contura V switches, so you can swap them out for different color lighting, or just swap the switch covers for custom ones.

Dual illuminated green LED with OTRATTW rocker switches. http://www.otrattw.net/Rocker-Only/

C116D13A-D883-4CBD-9340-D1BE626031B2_zps30xloaxm.jpg

EF4C057D-1AF3-4899-94BB-432AEE8695EF_zpsskzo78so.jpg

How it comes:

B4355B82-2C14-4839-9E93-33B3271EB686_zpsdzxxqfhz.jpg

Last edited:

FuriousDz

Works awesome. Heavy duty 12 gauge wire in the bundle. Make sure you loctite the mounting screws on the circuit box. It comes with standard carling contura V switches, so you can swap them out for different color lighting, or just swap the switch covers for custom ones.

Dual illuminated green LED with OTRATTW rocker switches. http://www.otrattw.net/Rocker-Only/

C116D13A-D883-4CBD-9340-D1BE626031B2_zps30xloaxm.jpg

EF4C057D-1AF3-4899-94BB-432AEE8695EF_zpsskzo78so.jpg

How it comes:

B4355B82-2C14-4839-9E93-33B3271EB686_zpsdzxxqfhz.jpg

Looks awesome! Where did you get the stickers for the switches?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug

BlackDiamond_JKU

I run the SPOD, and love it.
It was super easy to install, then run lights and my ARB to
It attaches above your mirror and works with the Hard Rock sport cage, as well as the EVO sport cage

I am wanting a second control panel strictly for my lockers, and electric sway bar discontent in a different location now though.
If I didn't have a manual I think I'd go with that trail rocker one. Wish they had more mounting options.

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

jasonswenk

Thanks everyone. I found a solution on Facebook if you go to the search and type in water Proof fuse relay box. This guy makes them and charges $150. Looks pretty cool

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedSheep

Would be REAL nice if more of these companies (besides them who shall not be name) got away from the 50+ year old technology with dozens of wires/fuse/relays/etc and actually started using modern 21st century electronics similar to what our jeeps have with canbus circuits, mobile connectivity and the like.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run the SPOD, and love it.
It was super easy to install, then run lights and my ARB to
It attaches above your mirror and works with the Hard Rock sport cage, as well as the EVO sport cage

I am wanting a second control panel strictly for my lockers, and electric sway bar discontent in a different location now though.
If I didn't have a manual I think I'd go with that trail rocker one. Wish they had more mounting options.

Clearly, things like honesty and integrity don't matter to some but they do still matter to me.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15125-sPOD-Honesty-Integrity-and-the-Lack-Thereof

Benito

Caught the Bug
Would be REAL nice if more of these companies (besides them who shall not be name) got away from the 50+ year old technology with dozens of wires/fuse/relays/etc and actually started using modern 21st century electronics similar to what our jeeps have with canbus circuits, mobile connectivity and the like.

Like SwitchPro.... uses mosfet s, each switch can be programmed to be momentary on, on/off, and many other options and you can use your phone to connect to it through Bluetooth

highoctane

Caught the Bug

Why over complicate something? The box on my Painless Performance Trail Rocker is barely bigger than the Spod box. It has a single harness running into the cabin to the switch panel. An electrical accessory can be powered by running a single wire to it from the pre-wired Trail Rocker control box under the hood. It's simple, easy, and affordable. I don't want to fumble with my phone on the trail to turn on my lockers just to be able to brag that I have wirelessly activated lockers and lights in my Jeep. Great for the meet & greet parking lots, but not much more. Doesn't get any easier than a simple rocker switch.

RedSheep

was just tongue in cheek, figured everyone already new of spods so wasn't trying to hide anything or be a "douche" but was under the impression they where to not be named/discussed/used ... all that aside, doesn't change the fact it would still be GREAT to see other companies like painless offing a comparable product from a technological point not just a simple functional one.

edit: and whilst writing there someone posted about swichpros of whom I hadn't yet heard of looked into so that's good to know.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like SwitchPro.... uses mosfet s, each switch can be programmed to be momentary on, on/off, and many other options and you can use your phone to connect to it through Bluetooth

Yup. They've been making this for years. I still run one of their original custom made systems in both my JK's.

Top Bottom