Bought my Middle son a Jeep

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Well,

No wonder my Jeep never gets the love she deserves. I have bought my oldest son a 2014 Jk Rubicon 3 years ago and today I bought my Middle son a 2002 TJ with only 52,226 miles on it. I have one son left my youngest who eventually I will be getting a Jeep. All three of my boys are Military, 2 in the Marines and one in the Air Force. My youngest went Air Force like his old man. I retire this year with 25 years of service. Here are the pictures. Oh, I also bought my wife a 2013 JK 3 years ago also.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 190

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Well,

No wonder my Jeep never gets the love she deserves. I have bought my oldest son a 2014 Jk Rubicon 3 years ago and today I bought my Middle son a 2002 TJ with only 52,226 miles on it. I have one son left my youngest who eventually I will be getting a Jeep. All three of my boys are Military, 2 in the Marines and one in the Air Force. My youngest went Air Force like his old man. I retire this year with 25 years of service. Here are the pictures. Oh, I also bought my wife a 2013 JK 3 years ago also.

Congrats! Nice clean looking ride! I really like the half doors!

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Others

The Green one is my wife's and the other is my oldest son's

Attachments

• IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1048.JPG
    IMG_1048.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1052.JPG
    IMG_1052.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 185

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Mine

Here is mine and me and my boys

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0988.JPG
    IMG_0988.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 175

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Thank you & your family for your service!

Those are awesome looking Jeeps. I remember when my TJ was all clean and stock like that :blush:

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Little mad

So, I drove all the way from the border of Texas and New Mexico to finish the deal on my son's Jeep at Chadwick Auto Wholesale www.chadwickauto.net. By the way it was a 17 hour drive. So, I get a call by them telling me the can't sell the Jeep to me, this was after I already made a down payment on the Jeep over the phone on my credit card and they emailed me a receipt and bill of sale for the vehicle. The Jeep had been listed on USAA car buying service for more then 21 days. Their excuse was that someone traded in the vehicle on another vehicle and they just found out they can't finance him. They find this out a month later after they posted the Jeep up for sale. I am calling bullshit. Then they call me back and tell me they are sorry but they will try to find me another Jeep. They also stated they can't reach the owner of the Jeep to see if he wanted to just sell the Jeep. I believe they sold the vehicle out from under me because someone offered more money.

Anyway, I have been scrambling to find my son another Jeep, well we found one through a private seller. It is a 2005 Jeep LJ for 11,500. It has 100k miles on it but dealer maintained, I ran a Carfax on it. It was a clean report and maintained by a dealership. Complete service history on it and all maintenance had been complied with. Not a scratch or dent on it. They rhino lined the whole inside. The only think it does not have is a rear seat, but my son is single. Most of the miles was from being towed behind an RV. Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

jkrichard

Sounds like a scam to me. I hope you can get your money back. My buddy was dealing with a vehicle sales place that pulled the same shit with him. I don't think the vehicle ever really existed, they just take your money with the thought of either they keep your money or you fight with them long enough that they gouge you on a new wrangler that they 'find' for you and they get more money from you.

As far as the LJ goes that thing looks awesome.

Last edited:

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
I did get my money back, USAA bank helped with that. It was a pain and they were rude about it. Like they were doing me a favor.

WJCO

Meme King
LJ looks good. Sorry about your dealer experience. There are a lot of shady dealers out there. One tactic they use is to advertise vehicles that they don't have. Regardless of the down payment, they use that tactic to generate sales calls and leads just for customer traffic, then they attempt to sell the customer a different vehicle that they do have in stock. It's shady as hell. Not sure if that's what happened to you, but sorry to hear.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just a horrible dealership

I hate hearing stories like this. Back a year ago when I was still looking for the "right" Jeep, I thought I had found it at an out of state dealership 6 hours away. Before making the drive I asked them to text me a simple walk around video just to verify. After a couple of days with no text, I called and was told that they couldn't locate it. Two weeks later it was still listed on the web and spoke to a different sales person that told me that it had sold 6 weeks earlier and that they were just slow to pull from the web.

Sorry to hear that you had time and money invested, but good that you got your cash back!

Good luck with the LJ!

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Thanks, the LJ is in mint condition just high mileage but most of it was from being towed and really a 100K is not much for a TJ/LJ. While searching most of them had between 150K to 250K. My CJ5 has 427K on the motor and it has never been rebuilt. Like I said the rear seat and seat belts were removed and do not come with the Jeep but if my son wanted them for 600 bucks I could buy everything. When I looked under the Jeep there was not one scratch. The Jeep has never been off-road and has been in a desert climate its whole life buy twentynine palms CA.

xman4602

So, I drove all the way from the border of Texas and New Mexico to finish the deal on my son's Jeep at Chadwick Auto Wholesale www.chadwickauto.net. By the way it was a 17 hour drive. So, I get a call by them telling me the can't sell the Jeep to me, this was after I already made a down payment on the Jeep over the phone on my credit card and they emailed me a receipt and bill of sale for the vehicle. The Jeep had been listed on USAA car buying service for more then 21 days. Their excuse was that someone traded in the vehicle on another vehicle and they just found out they can't finance him. They find this out a month later after they posted the Jeep up for sale. I am calling bullshit. Then they call me back and tell me they are sorry but they will try to find me another Jeep. They also stated they can't reach the owner of the Jeep to see if he wanted to just sell the Jeep. I believe they sold the vehicle out from under me because someone offered more money.

Anyway, I have been scrambling to find my son another Jeep, well we found one through a private seller. It is a 2005 Jeep LJ for 11,500. It has 100k miles on it but dealer maintained, I ran a Carfax on it. It was a clean report and maintained by a dealership. Complete service history on it and all maintenance had been complied with. Not a scratch or dent on it. They rhino lined the whole inside. The only think it does not have is a rear seat, but my son is single. Most of the miles was from being towed behind an RV. Here are the pictures.

I am a car salesman myself. While this situation definitely sucks, this does happen on occasion...... a customer may get approval from a bank but with certain stipulations. The dealership will "spot" the deal pending the customer provides said criteria and sometimes they just refuse to do it or they falsified some of their info so the deal has to be undone. Not ideal that they advertised the trade in before the deal was funded but mistakes do happen occasionally. That being said thank you and your sons for your service and you have a great looking jeep family. You are very proud I'm sure!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom