Driving with children and doors off

Dprochef

I'm from Nebraska and can't seem to find any "laws" for or against driving with children in a vehicle with no doors.

Knowing that a side mirror and proper child restraints are the law. I can't seem to find my answer.

Any help?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I see people do it in Omaha all the time. Not sure what the "official" law is but if there is any, it doesn't seem to be enforced.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I'm from Nebraska and can't seem to find any "laws" for or against driving with children in a vehicle with no doors.

Knowing that a side mirror and proper child restraints are the law. I can't seem to find my answer.

Any help?? Thanks

If you feel guilty doing it without knowing, assume there's a law.

Sent from my duck blind.

Dprochef

Not sure I would feel guilty. I figure I could always play dumb the first time. [emoji849] I just thought If someone knew for sure. I probably will get some rear tube doors just for peace of mind.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Not sure I would feel guilty. I figure I could always play dumb the first time. [emoji849] I just thought If someone knew for sure. I probably will get some rear tube doors just for peace of mind.

I don't know the laws in Nebraska, but in Wisconsin it's legal to not have doors or side mirrors. Only 1 rear view mirror is required. While I do this whenever possible, I will say that not having side mirrors suck and I'm planning on getting some. My kid is 14 so I don't worry about her goofing around. The age and maturity of your children should be considered! Like Scooby implied, if it feels wrong then maybe you should reconsider.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you are worried, I would just call your local police department and ask them. If you are worried about the kids themselves, tube doors wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

DELIVERANCE

As stated above just a simple call to the police should get you your answer.

I drive with my kids and no doors around town but never on the highway. I just wouldn't want a pebble or clump of mud or anything flying at them. Besides, it's also uncomfortably windy back there.

jorgelrod

Hooked
My kid was 6 the first time I took the doors out on the jeep, it looked weird having one rear door still on, but my peace of mind when it came to my son was more important...

Top Bottom