Tcm

hungryuth

Trans or TCM issue... Check engine light is on, feels like it's stuck in 3rd and can't use the auto shifter. No matter if I move it left or right the light on dash says drive. Any help?

hungryuth

hungryuth

Well they replaced the trans under warranty which fixed it but told me it has to be recalibrated due to shift points and wheel and tire size.. that's 400$ says if I don't let them calibrate it they won't warranty my new trans 😠

hungryuth

jeeeep

Hooked
Well they replaced the trans under warranty which fixed it but told me it has to be recalibrated due to shift points and wheel and tire size.. that's 400$ says if I don't let them calibrate it they won't warranty my new trans 😠

hungryuth

the dealership did the warranty work?

$400 is 4x more than what the dealership here charges to flash the transmission for tire size/speedo calibration.

Sounds more like they're trying to recoup their costs.

If you do not calibrate for your tire size and you have transmission failure again and they can prove that you did not have it properly calibrated then yes they can deny warranty.

Do you have an aftermarket tuner to recalibrate for your tire size?

hungryuth

Jeep fixed... Paid 417$ good news it seems to drive better than ever.. Apparently the dealer I bought it from didn't calibrate after the lift and 35s so I never realized how sluggish it ran

hungryuth

jeeeep

Hooked
Jeep fixed... Paid 417$ good news it seems to drive better than ever.. Apparently the dealer I bought it from didn't calibrate after the lift and 35s so I never realized how sluggish it ran

hungryuth

good you got it fixed, for that price you could've bought a tuner...but it's fixed.

I'd go back the dealer you bought it from and have them reimburse you - pretty dumbass move of them to not know they'd need to calibrate for the changes.

Top Bottom