Finally buying my Prorock44

jorgelrod

Hooked
After 2 years in delays from life, I'm finally gonna be buying a PR44.

I'm going to be buying it through my usual local 4wd shop and they will order all parts I requested via their suppliers. There is one Local Dynatrac vendor here but their price for "turnkey" was absurdly higher.

My local shop will order all parts I give them on the list and build the axle at the shop

Here is the List

Dynatrac Prorock Housing for ARB or Eaton (JK44-1X3010-X)
Dynatrac 44 Axle Shafts (JK44-1X3220-D)
Yukon Gear 4.56 R&P
Yukon Gear install Kit
Yukon Zip Locker
Crown Ball Joints
JE Reel front DS

I'm reusing my outers, I don't think I'm missing anything but want to have you guys look at it cause a second pair of eyes never hurt anyone...

Placing my order tomorrow, so waiting on your input guys...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

I'm going to be buying it through my usual local 4wd shop and they will order all parts I requested via their suppliers. There is one Local Dynatrac vendor here but their price for "turnkey" was absurdly higher.

My local shop will order all parts I give them on the list and build the axle at the shop

Here is the List

Yukon Gear 4.56 R&P
Yukon Gear install Kit
Yukon Zip Locker
Crown Ball Joints
JE Reel front DS

I'm reusing my outers, I don't think I'm missing anything but want to have you guys look at it cause a second pair of eyes never hurt anyone...

Congrats. As far as re-using your outers? You mean the unit bearings or outer stub shafts? Because the Dynatrac axles come with the entire shaft inner/outer/ujoint assy. You will need a 44 pinion yoke for your drive shaft but your 4x4 shop should know that. I can't think of anything else.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Congrats. As far as re-using your outers? You mean the unit bearings or outer stub shafts? Because the Dynatrac axles come with the entire shaft inner/outer/ujoint assy. You will need a 44 pinion yoke for your drive shaft but your 4x4 shop should know that. I can't think of anything else.

I meant my knuckles, sorry about that one, brain fart

ScoobyCarolanNC

Here is the List

Yukon Gear 4.56 R&P
Yukon Gear install Kit
Yukon Zip Locker
Crown Ball Joints
JE Reel front DS

You're doing your ball joints too right?

Sent from my duck blind.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm already running 4.56 and I'm quite inclined at staying at the 35" sweet spot as the rig is more of a tourer/overlander

If you're going to stay with 35s and doing majority overland stuff, maybe you don't need a Prorock? I'm just thinking here that that's a good chunk of money for the type of wheeling it sounds like you're doing.

jorgelrod

Hooked
If you're going to stay with 35s and doing majority overland stuff, maybe you don't need a Prorock? I'm just thinking here that that's a good chunk of money for the type of wheeling it sounds like you're doing.

As the weight of the vehicle increases, bigger and stronger axle tubes make a ton of difference, specially going from a Dana 30 to the PR44. Also, just cause it's primary function is to overland doesn't mean I don't bow to peer pressure and take the tougher lines... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

WJCO

Meme King
As the weight of the vehicle increases, bigger and stronger axle tubes make a ton of difference, specially going from a Dana 30 to the PR44. Also, just cause it's primary function is to overland doesn't mean I don't bow to peer pressure and take the tougher lines... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm only running 33s on mine....Do it. Lol.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I will be selling, I just don't know if shipping stateside will be cost effective

I would highly suggest Dynatrac ball joints. Other than that, maybe the raised trac bar bracket with the front steering damper bracket.

Top Bottom