New to forums!

bofferman3

Hey everyone! New to the forum looking for help on my build and hoping to meet up with some new off road friends. I have a
15 Jeep Wrangler "willys"
3.5 rock krawler lift
35 nitto trail grapplers
Gen right tire carrier
Poison spyder front bumper
Synergy tie rod
Teraflex lower front control arms

Waiting to install
4:56 gears

My plan is to lock my axles in just torn on either Arb traction pack for my d30 front and d44 rear. Or idk if I should just trying finding a rubicon take off front axle? Any opinions are welcomed! IMG_3329.jpg IMG_3300.jpg IMG_3325.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
"My plan is to lock my axles in just torn on either Arb traction pack for my d30 front and d44 rear. Or idk if I should just trying finding a rubicon take off front axle? "

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

Welcome to WAL! Nice Willys! I went with a rubicon takeoff on my Willys and I've been happy with it.

To give u rough numbers, I paid $1600 for the rubi takeoff and sold my low mileage D30 for $600. So for the price of an FR ARB, I was able to get a D44.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife!

The axle / locker path really depends on how you intend to wheel your Jeep. Every so often a member puts their Rubicon take-offs up on the sale page, but you may want to go for at least a stronger forward axle...the cheapest route is to lock your current axles if your budget can't afford anything more at this time.

I'm still using my original '07 rubicon axles with 35s. I feel that I wheel pretty conservatively and I haven't had any issues yet on moderate level trails.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

bofferman3

Thanks guys! And I'm kind of on a tighter budget being I need new tires soon also.i can't seem to find a front rubi take off that's complete for anything less then $2,500. For that price I'd rather have air lockers in front and rear in mine

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone! New to the forum looking for help on my build and hoping to meet up with some new off road friends. I have a
3.5 rock krawler lift
35 nitto trail grapplers
Gen right tire carrier
Synergy tie rod

Waiting to install

My plan is to lock my axles in just torn on either Arb traction pack for my d30 front and d44 rear. Or idk if I should just trying finding a rubicon take off front axle? Any opinions are welcomed!

Welcome to WAL! Most here will agree and advise not to lock your D30! Add C gussets at the most and run it until it breaks while saving for an upgrade.

bofferman3

Welcome to WAL! Most here will agree and advise not to lock your D30! Add C gussets at the most and run it until it breaks while saving for an upgrade.

That's what I was thinking also! I'm getting my gears installed first week of march so trying to figure out what I'd like to do with lockers wise... my buddy said to just put a Aussie locker in it for now then save for a d44 take off. Not sure how I feel about being locked all the time off roading

Ddays

Hooked
Welcome to WAL. Understand the budget, but don't throw good money after bad. I wouldn't lock the D30 either.

jlgutie

3.5 rock krawler lift
35 nitto trail grapplers
Gen right tire carrier
Synergy tie rod

Waiting to install

My plan is to lock my axles in just torn on either Arb traction pack for my d30 front and d44 rear. Or idk if I should just trying finding a rubicon take off front axle? Any opinions are welcomed! View attachment 242924 View attachment 242925 View attachment 242926

Welcome fellow IL jeeper. Which part of IL you from?

TRLJNKY

This^^^ Welcome to WAL. Im also a Dirty 30 user and will run it till she pops. Than I can justify a 44 with wifey lol

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Blue92

Welcome to Wayalife from Oregon! I agree the others about not locking the D30, save the money and do it right the first time. If you go with the used Rubicon axle be sure it is straight, they can bend too, and not everyone is going to be honest about the reason its a "take off" axle.

bofferman3

So what about the ARB traction pack.. comes with front and rear locker and compressor for $1,900. Where I wheel is mostly mud and a little quarry. Figured with that I can lock the front axles only need be. Just tired of my buddies with xj with Aussie lockers in the front climbing more stuff then me and hearing about it haha

Top Bottom