Making steel rear corner body armor

Bryce Hunter

Thinking about making metal armor out of 1/8 steel plating to go above my fenders any ideas to help me out.

Attachments

• 0624150941b.jpg
    0624150941b.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Bryce Hunter

What I suggest, but some already made. If you're going to use 1/8" steel and self tapping screws you probably shouldn't be doing these yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Do you think using a thinner plate would leave me more successful, I can always use bolts to hold it up as well as the self tapping screws just trying to see if I can get it done without the bolts

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

madstiles

Do a lot of research before trying it or you will regret it and definitely stay away from self tapping screws lol you'll also probably want some sort of metal brake if you like straight bends. Google and YouTube would be a great start. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

These actually wouldn't be that hard to make with the right equipment. A shear, metal break and a laser/computer guided plasma and you could actually make a set. But... by the sounds of it you don't have this stuff!
I say fuck it [emoji15] it's your jeep. Do whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The only reason I see making your own, would be if you are comp cutting the rear since you dont really have any options there that you can buy already made. If you want a normal set, plenty of options avail for that and they all fit well :thumb:

madstiles

Haha you can do it without all of the expensive equipment they are talking about it will just take A LOT more time and research so if and that is a BIG if you are mechanically inclined have a lot of patience and do your homework it would be an awesome project. I plan on building but I used to be a fabricator. Good luck if you do decide to do it. If not their are some amazing companies out their, check the vendors section and they have some killer prices!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom