Gas can placement

jeff_in_rc

First off welcome to Wayalife!

It would help to know what kind of can. An old style jerry can, a square plastic, etc. A pic will help as well.

Frydaddy

I like this spot. It should work well with stock and carriers. Keeps the weight closer to the hinge.

This guy took a hi-lift mount and bolted a jerry can holder to it.

4721594515_09f55c7c15_b.jpg

On a side note, I have had this Rampage tool box can forever. It doesn't fit under my rear cover. How do they hold up outside in the elements?

nightcrawlerjk

I like this spot. It should work well with stock and carriers. Keeps the weight closer to the hinge.

This guy took a hi-lift mount and bolted a jerry can holder to it.

View attachment 243148

On a side note, I have had this Rampage tool box can forever. It doesn't fit under my rear cover. How do they hold up outside in the elements?
What is the setup connected to because it doesn't look like it's sitting on the bumper.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

What is the setup connected to because it doesn't look like it's sitting on the bumper.

From what I saw, he took a Hi-Lift Jack mount, and bolted his gas can carrier to it.

I can't link the forum cause this site is weird about that.

Here is the first one I found online. http://a.co/7xhu6r0 though, I would recommend finding one with a support between the two mounting points.

JKbrick

From what I saw, he took a Hi-Lift Jack mount, and bolted his gas can carrier to it.

I can't link the forum cause this site is weird about that.

Here is the first one I found online. http://a.co/7xhu6r0 though, I would recommend finding one with a support between the two mounting points.

I don't think this site is weird about it, it just simply is the rules of being here

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack

Hey thats unique! I applaud a clean fab job, and certainly something that makes your rig stand out from the sea of lightbars.

Thank you very much. Gas stations are not as easily come by in parts of Eastern Europe and I can carry just enough to make an additional 80 to 100 miles on road and 20 miles off-road. It worked out very well. Just made a 2200mile trip across several countries and never had an issue. Even bouncing around on some rough track and decent trails they are secure!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeff_in_rc

Thad be pretty badass

My 2 cans, 1 water and 1 gas, are mounted to the bumper behind the spare and it is such a PITA to get the cans out I came up with the electric fuel pump idea and it works great.
My water can is heavy plastic and I attached a hose bib to it so I can wash my hands, dishes, etc. Work smarter not harder!

scrota76

My 2 cans, 1 water and 1 gas, are mounted to the bumper behind the spare and it is such a PITA to get the cans out I came up with the electric fuel pump idea and it works great.
My water can is heavy plastic and I attached a hose bib to it so I can wash my hands, dishes, etc. Work smarter not harder!
Can you post details on the fuel pump? It's something i want to do. It's a pain in the butt using the ball valve, plus I look really odd getting that ball valve started. Lots of fast up and down motions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeff_in_rc

Can you post details on the fuel pump? It's something i want to do. It's a pain in the butt using the ball valve, plus I look really odd getting that ball valve started. Lots of fast up and down motions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

My TJ originally came with a hard top and has a soft top now so the power connector for the rear window wiper/defroster was just sitting there. Went to the local junk yard and got a matching connector, found out which wires are for the defroster and connected the fuel pump to those wires. Now all I do is plug it in, connect the hoses to their respective tanks, turn on the key and hit the defrost button, easy peasy.

I did a write-up here, I will see if I can find it and link to it as it has pics. Here you go: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15939-My-fuel-transfer-solution

Last edited:
Top Bottom