Duratracs or KO2?

PERS JK

Looking for a good snow/ice tire. Any thoughts one over another? The tracs are d rated and KO2 e rated. Also if the KO2 are the choice would you go metric or standard 35/12.5/17?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I've never had duratracs but have heard good things..however I really liked the ko2s, they hooked up great in snow/ice. I barely ever spun out even when starting off in my 6 speed. mine were only 285s so can't comment on size.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Both are great tires. We have duratracs on the wife's Jeep and they are great in the snow. I've owned at least 3 sets of BFG ATs and loved them as well in all conditions. IMO, the Duratracs have a more aggressive look, but both are great tires.

woof359

Bfg

I just switch from 33 to 35 BFG's had them on all my trucks, Samurai and jeep's, love em big time

Onefin

I have 35x12.5x17 BFG AT KO2 that I swapped my MTs out for the winter.
No complaints so far this winter season.
At first I ran them at too high of PSI, but my jeep seems happy at around 30psi cold for the load range E on the street.
We live in the mountains and our town has steep streets with lots of ice, they do fine most of the time in 2wd and I put it in 4wd for the dicey parallel parking spots that we need to use on our steep street.
They are fine on varied winter road conditions.
I've only had duratracs that were studded on a 2wd sprinter van so my basis for comparison isn't apples to apples.
I'd buy and recommend the BFG AT KO2 again.
I'll swap back to my BFG MT in summer.
Maybe the BFG AT isn't the latest, greatest or sexiest tire: but they do pretty well in varied conditions.

ob_tj

I can't comment on the duratacs but the KO2s are awsome. I haven't had any problems with them. They have done very well for me in ice, snow, and on the rocks. Plus they hold up nicely on the road.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I can tell you that the Duratracs are awesome in the snow, ice (as best as any bare tire can be on ice) and wet conditions. They are also studable.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I currently have the duratracs on the jeep, and they are a great Tire in snow and ice, i have yet to get uncomfortable driving them in crappy weather. My wife's Yukon has KO2s and In my opinion they handle better in the snow. The Yukon is heavier and longer wheel base so I think that might have a lot to do with it. I have no off-road experience with the KO2 so I can't comment to how well they handle abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I have Duratracs on my Tacoma, and love them. They are an awesome tire for snow/ice, and IMO they look great. I do know many people who run the KO2's on their rigs and love them as well. I think either way you go, you will be happy. :yup:

zimm

Caught the Bug
They're both good tires. I've had duratracs in 285's on a 4runner and now 315's on the jeep. They are awesome in the snow and ice. They have the mountain "snowflake" rated symbol on them too. They are also pretty light of a tire- when I compared specs, they were only 4 pounds more than the stock rubicon MT tire. The load range E's will be heavy and stiff.

I wish they made duratracs in a 37, because when I move up, it's going to be hard to find a replacement.

Top Bottom