Looking for a security system for my JK

2016WillysJKU

I don't know much about security systems, and what I want may not even exist. But what I'd like to have is a security system with a proximity sensor and a shock sensor. Remote start would be nice, but isn't necessary. I'd like to have my Jeep at least somewhat protected when I have the top and doors off. I don't leave anything in it that isn't locked up either in my under seat boxes or my tailgate boxes. But I'd like to keep someone from having free reign to poke around at night while I'm sleeping. Is that something I can get? and where would I start? Thanks

Patrick

I've just ordered a blackvue dash cam. The 2 ch version....front and rear cams. They're not just to save insurance but you can set park mode ....and you can choose motion, noise or both, and you can even have the cam send you a message

Blackvue

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
In my overall automotive experience over the years, I have seen aftermarket alarm systems cause more interference and problems than what they were actually designed for. Not to say there aren't good ones out there, but I just haven't seen any that I can recommend. Factory alarms that I've seen from multiple manufacturers are a different story. Most of them are pretty trouble free but even they can act up from time to time. The biggest negative issue with an alarm is that when it decides not to work, it can sometimes prevent you from starting the vehicle, which is a major pain in the ass and can even cost you a tow.

trailraider

I've just ordered a blackvue dash cam. The 2 ch version....front and rear cams. They're not just to save insurance but you can set park mode ....and you can choose motion, noise or both, and you can even have the cam send you a message

Blackvue

you use this for security with the top and doors off? pointless to have if they steal it.

trailraider

I don't know much about security systems, and what I want may not even exist. But what I'd like to have is a security system with a proximity sensor and a shock sensor. Remote start would be nice, but isn't necessary. I'd like to have my Jeep at least somewhat protected when I have the top and doors off. I don't leave anything in it that isn't locked up either in my under seat boxes or my tailgate boxes. But I'd like to keep someone from having free reign to poke around at night while I'm sleeping. Is that something I can get? and where would I start? Thanks

i run as much as i can with no top and doors. theft is not my worry as i have a tuffy security deck in the back. I keep nothing in the Jeep and with the factory century key , its not going anywhere. i have never had a issue at all. my biggest worry is getting caught in a down pour as i don't have a cover yet.

Patrick

No. I've the hard top on [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm afraid I wasn't thinking no doors no top. My bad.

I bought a plywood board wide enough to rest on the tub and deep enough to cover the entire rear end. I used the 4 bolts for the hard top to bolt it on. Not ideal. But nobody can get my gear without unlocking the doors .

Last edited:

2016WillysJKU

i run as much as i can with no top and doors. theft is not my worry as i have a tuffy security deck in the back. I keep nothing in the Jeep and with the factory century key , its not going anywhere. i have never had a issue at all. my biggest worry is getting caught in a down pour as i don't have a cover yet.

That's pretty much what I do now. I have the Bestop boxes under each seat and the Quadratec tailgate shelf with 2 "fat fifty" boxes padlocked to it. I was just wondering if there was a way to add even more security. I'm the guy that seems to attract thieves. Every vehicle I've ever had has been broken into. Which is why I never use door locks. At least I'm hoping a break in won't also cost me a window like they have in the past.

DMF

I use Viper with motion sensor. My alarm will chirp each time I reach inside the cab. It's nice to know stray animals at night won't make my jeep their home. But let me tell you, Viper is by far the worse customer service company EVER!

mayday_soc

I went into my local audio store and I was set on Viper. They recommended Compustar (they're an AD for both). I've been really happy with it. I have gps tracking, tilt sensor, impact sensors, auostart, etc etc. I mainly wanted it to be able to start the vehicle from my building using my cell phone because I'm nowhere near my parking garage. It also texts me if any stage of the alarm is triggered. Also, once the unit is installed you can add and remove features through your account, you do not have to bring the vehicle back for service. I'm not sure if viper can do that.
Honestly, I had never heard of them. I have been very happy with the product but they are not cheap. I'd at least Check them out as you do your research. Im sure you'd be happy with either compustar or viper.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Because of your proximity request, it might be worth having a look at Digital Guard Dawg. I stumbled across them looking for push button start options. Their PKE system has the option for security. They may be a little behind other companies for app based software and gps, etc. I'm still continuing my research into other system to cover all my bases, but so far they appear to have a good reputation. I've spoken to them via phone and the only thing holding back from making a purchase a the moment is the price, so I have time to look into other systems.

Top Bottom