RCA jack

07rub

ok thanks, so if someone took the factory sub out is there anyway to hook my system that i ran in my integra with the factory harness?

NY1982JK

You can get a line out converter that will splice the speaker leads on the back of your factory Head Unit. If you can find a wire diagram for the factory unit it will lay out what wires are for what channels. Just match the wires from your harness to the ones on the converter.

I have not done it on my JKU but in previous vehicles I have ran a few different systems off of the factory Head Unit with no problems using one. Depending on how many speakers you are hooking up you could be looking at anywhere from $15-$125.

I would recomment a simple Scosche 2 or 4 channel line out converter. Both are easy to find as close as your local Walmart for 15-25 bucks. They feel a little cheap but they WORK well and have never had an issue with either one. If you are looking to spend a bit more money the AudioControl LC6i and LC8i are options as well. These are higher quality units but will also run you a higher cost closer to the $120-$200 range. Any of these however will give you the required RCA outputs you need to hook up any system to your factory Head Unit.

Hope this helps a little. Keep us posted and good luck!

I'm sure Crutchfield would have some kind of an adapter.

NY1982JK

Should have mentioned as well that all the converts I mentioned are also available on Crutchfield as Eddie said. Just search "line out converter". Should have everything you need.

NY1982JK

They are designed to be hooked up to the wires directly behind the radio. Depending on how far you can trace those leads I suppose it would work pretty much anywhere along that line. I've never tried it myself though.

NY1982JK

Also considering that any decent line out converter will have a ground that needs to be hooked up, I would recommend hooking it up behind the factory radio again for the ease of accessibility of all the required wires and make it easy to splice into the ground on the factory harness. Just my :twocents: though.

07rub

im going to try a few things 2night and let u guys know, i think from the info u gave me on ur converters and pics i saw i think my amp as a converter in it but not sure since its been stored for a few years so i will keep u guys posted

Top Bottom