Rear track bar mounting

JKbrick

I have another question (again), with the rear track bar, when raising the axle side the bolt seems to get into the coil. Would this mount act as a lever and rip the original bracket off the frame?
IMG_0717.JPG
I am only running a #59 coil with a 1/2" spacer right now so maybe I don't even need to make my track bar horizontal?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
YES!! I would not recommend installing an un-reinforced track bar relocation bracket like this. I'm actually really surprised that anyone would still be making something like it. You do NOT need to install something like this for the small amount of lift that you have.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have that bracket on mine right now. Really need to get the EVO one welded on and take this one off. [emoji19]

JKbrick

YES!! I would not recommend installing an un-reinforced track bar relocation bracket like this. I'm actually really surprised that anyone would still be making something like it. You do NOT need to install something like this for the small amount of lift that you have.

Thanks Eddie, my axle doesn't look that far off center I just wasn't sure if it would drive differently with the track bar horizontal then on a slight angle but I think I'll leave it alone

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie, my axle doesn't look that far off center I just wasn't sure if it would drive differently with the track bar horizontal then on a slight angle but I think I'll leave it alone

Leave well enough alone. Your rear track bar being off won't change how your Jeep drives.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have the Artec track bar bracket. It's 100% weld on without the c-clamp on the axle tube. You have to cut the stock bracket off. It's a much cleaner and stronger solution.

JKbrick

how is the coil getting onto the trackbar bolt?
I didn't think the stock mount was high enough

Before I removed my JKS lift I had tried to install their track bar relocation kit and the new bolt location got into the coil when I rolled the axle for the driveshaft. Track bar is back in stock location now

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have the Artec track bar bracket. It's 100% weld on without the c-clamp on the axle tube. You have to cut the stock bracket off. It's a much cleaner and stronger solution.

Eh. Cleaner and stronger could be argued.

Personally I think the Artec bracket isn't a cleaner install then the EVO one. The four holes in it make it look like crap to me. I think the EVO one looks better because of it's one position hole.

I think both of them are probably a strong option. It's recommended to weld the EVO one on as well.

But it's your jeep man. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before I removed my JKS lift I had tried to install their track bar relocation kit and the new bolt location got into the coil when I rolled the axle for the driveshaft. Track bar is back in stock location now

Did you try reversing the bolt?

When someone says reinforced..you mean one that has u bolts and arm that connects to the lower control arm bolt?

At the very least, yes.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Eh. Cleaner and stronger could be argued.

Personally I think the Artec bracket isn't a cleaner install then the EVO one. The four holes in it make it look like crap to me. I think the EVO one looks better because of it's one position hole.

I think both of them are probably a strong option. It's recommended to weld the EVO one on as well.

But it's your jeep man. [emoji106]

Here's the artec. I had it lower for the 2" lift and now I'm at 4" so I raised the bar.
View attachment 243670

JKbrick

Did you try reversing the bolt?

At the very least, yes.

Yep if I remember correctly I jacked up on the frame to stretch the coil and fished it in from the back. But I took it all off when I lowered it. Now it's just got the JKS bracket that welded around the bottom of the tube and strengthened the factory mount

Top Bottom