Please help my wire my new LED lights to my factory Fog light harness.

Napalm

So, I just got these new LED lights. They are 45w and I'd like to wire them up to the fog light harness to keep things clean and simple in the interior.
IMG_1676.jpg
This is the end of the connector
Image1486770224.584914.jpg

Is this possible? How difficult/easy is this? I'm not very savvy with electrical/wiring. If anyone could direct me to a Wayalife write up if there is one. I googled and couldn't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
With my 2015, I tried to wire 55w xenon fogs directly to the factory wiring. I was getting a pulse in one so I ended up using a power wire from the factory fogs to trip a relay.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So, I just got these new LED lights. They are 45w and I'd like to wire them up to the fog light harness to keep things clean and simple in the interior.
View attachment 243524
This is the end of the connector
View attachment 243525

Is this possible? How difficult/easy is this? I'm not very savvy with electrical/wiring. If anyone could direct me to a Wayalife write up if there is one. I googled and couldn't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's on the CAN line, so it will pulse without a PWM harness. You might be able to pick up a set of trucklite PWM harnesses and just splice it in. But without something like that, they will most likely pulse being spliced into the stock harness

Last edited:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
There u have it. U can keep it nice and clean with a PWM harness like DWiggles said or get started on a nice wiring birds nest like me by running a separate relay and tripping it with the fog light power...

tgoss

I don't think you need anything down there for the fog as far as a pulse module.

Just snip off your wires from the stock fogs and but connect or better yet solder them on then plug them in.

I used to have JW speaker led fogs and they were plug and play (no resistor or pwm needed)

WJCO

Meme King
Here's how I would do it and yes it's a little ghetto. If you haven't used a test light, here's how:

With the ground clamp secured, anything you touch with the power probe that has power will light up. You can test the light by touching the positive terminal on the battery.

circuit-tst-posit.jpg

With one of your fog lights disconnected at the bulb, turn the fog light switch on and use your test light to determine which wire on the harness is the power wire. Once you know, cut back the sheathing being careful not to cut the wire. Then use a handy splice clip below to add your power wire from the other LEDs to the fog light harness power wire. If you haven't used a splice clip before, practice off of the car with 2 random pieces of scrap wire so you can see how it works. Needle nose pliers work well to fully close these. After the splice, tape it up really well with electrical tape to keep moisture out.

quick_splice_montage1.jpg

Last step. Your new lights should have a ground wire, likely black. You can cut it as short as you want and secure it to anything metal on your frame or anything metal that touches your frame like a metal bumper. You can even use your test light to check for a good ground by connecting the clamp to the positive battery terminal and then touching the probe to anything metal.

As stated earlier, some LEDs have flicker issues and you may need to add a resistor. These LEDs seem like really low wattage ones so you shouldn't have to add another fuse.

Top Bottom