Seat beat chime

mauijim

Lately my seat belt chime and light comes on even though my seat belt is on. Drives me nuts!!!! I push down on it and it'll stop till the next bump and chime comes on and doesn't stop. Do I just need to replace the whole seat belt or what? Very annoying please help.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkris

If I am not mistaken there might be a connection plug under your seat. It may have been knocked loose? I don't know for sure though.

Edit: Someone please correct me if I am wrong about this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Sounds like the switch in the housing is not maintaining contact. I would try to disconnect the connector and maybe with the female section of the seatbelt out of the vehicle you could get it apart and adjust it. Otherwise you could maybe find one at a pick and pull

WJCO

Meme King
Any chance you spilled soda or coffee around the buckle? That's the only thing I've seen that causes this issue.

mauijim

Well I don't remember spilling anything on it. But I did what Judesign suggested and pulled all the switches apart and back together and that fixed it[emoji41][emoji1360]

JRUnlimited

I had a similar problem with the seat belt buzzer going off although my seat belt was buckled. It turned out to be an issue with the clock spring. This is the control module that sits behind the steering wheel. There is a recall out to replace it.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Well I don't remember spilling anything on it. But I did what Judesign suggested and pulled all the switches apart and back together and that fixed it[emoji41][emoji1360]

Glad it worked. I guess the the connector pin that controls the chime stopping wasn't making good contact?

Frydaddy

Thanks...that's what I'm doing next...[emoji23][emoji1303]

Turn the ignition switch OFF, and buckle up
Turn the ignition key to RUN, and wait for the Seat Belt Light to turn off.
Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
Turn the ignition key OFF. A single chime will go off.

mauijim

Turn the ignition switch OFF, and buckle up
Turn the ignition key to RUN, and wait for the Seat Belt Light to turn off.
Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle your seat belt three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
Turn the ignition key OFF. A single chime will go off.
I'll give this a try...thanks !!!!

Top Bottom