Winch wiring question.

Dprochef

Just curious as how people string the pos/beg wires from the winch to the battery. The engine compartment is so jam packed I'm not sure how to run them.

Would like to see pictures if possible.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just curious as how people string the pos/beg wires from the winch to the battery. The engine compartment is so jam packed I'm not sure how to run them.

Would like to see pictures if possible.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry no pics but I ran mine up under the bumper and rad, under the air box, and around the fuse box to the battery

jeeeep

Hooked
my bumper had a hole cut out along the back to pass the wiring through - don't put it thru your grill slots, when you go to remove the grill for other stuff you'll :doh:

winch_wire1a.jpg

across the top of the e-sway bar - up along side the existing wiring harness
winch_wire2a.jpg

up with the wiring harness for the lights under the air box (may be easier to remove the air box)
winch_wire3a.jpg

along the fender with existing wiring harness to the battery
winch_wire4a.jpg

onbelay

Basically as shown above. Only thing I would add is an isolator/disconnect close to the battery; we went with a PAC-500 and a rocker switch in the cabin. That way the Jeep doesn't burn to the ground if the winch's positive lead arcs to the frame or body during an accident.

A fuse would be good too, but several wars have been fought over whether or not to fuse the winch's positive lead. Technically you should, but the argument is that if Warn, etc., don't put a fuse in their wiring/wiring harnesses, then we don't need to either. Not sure I agree. ;)

Top Bottom