Normal wear?

rogerk93

Is it normal for a Currie enterprise Johnny joint to go bad that was installed back in April? I greased the joint every 3 weeks and the rear upper frame side joint has a crazy amount of play. Should I even try and call Currie and have them replace it or just order a new joint?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Not normal. Have you wheeled pretty hard? Was the snap ring in all the way and both washers present? I would contact Currie first. If they won't warranty it, I MAY have an extra laying around, let me know and just pay shipping. I'll measure it first to make sure it's the same size, etc.

Last edited:

rogerk93

Not normal. Have you wheeled pretty hard? Was the snap ring in all the way and both washers present? I would contact Currie first. If they won't warranty it, I MAY have an extra laying around, let me know and just pay shipping. I'll measure it first to make sure it's the same size, etc.

I haven't removed the joint to give it a good look but a friend was rocking my jeep as I was under it to find a noise and the entire end was moving around in place And the bolt is completely tight. It could be the snap ring because if I remember correctly when I used to grease that joint some grease used to leak through the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom