2010 JK Lift kit help

Sumo2010

Hi all, new to the forum. Looking for some help, I want to lift my 2010 JK 3.5", I hit the trails when I can, nothing too extreme Im still making payments.

I've been looking at 3" terra flex, I'm on a budget to get it done and will be installing with a buddy that has a auto shop. Any suggestions on other kits, pros/cons?

Any info helps, thanks for looking and stay safe.

Sumo2010

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, new to the forum. Looking for some help, I want to lift my 2010 JK 3.5", I hit the trails when I can, nothing too extreme Im still making payments.

I've been looking at 3" terra flex, I'm on a budget to get it done and will be installing with a buddy that has a auto shop. Any suggestions on other kits, pros/cons?

Any info helps, thanks for looking and stay safe.

Sumo2010

Welcome to WAYALIFE!!

To answer your question, you need to first know that a 3" TF kit will end up yielding more like 4"+ and that's a lot of lift unless you're planning to run a set of 37's. If you're just looking to clear 35's, I might recommend a 2.5" TF kit instead as that will give you well over 3" and be a better fit.

If you have a 2-door, you should plan to get a new rear drive shaft and adjustable rear upper control arms so that you can set your pinion angle. If you have an automatic, you should plan to get a new front shaft as well. If the kit you're wanting doesn't come with it, I would recommend that you get a set of adjustable front lower control arms so that you can set your caster.

The TF kits are nice but, ride tall and on the firm side. Their standard shocks are nothing to write home about and if you go with their kit, I would recommend that you get a good set of monotube shocks with it instead - like Bilstein 5100's or even the new Rancho 7000's.

Sumo2010

Wow quick response, thanks.

I plan on running some 35" on 17" XD Misfits. Thanks for the input it's definitely helpful, since you are suggesting the TF 2.5, would you recommend another brand? I have a 4dr automatic trans.

Thanks again for your help.

Sumo

Welcome to WAYALIFE!!

To answer your question, you need to first know that a 3" TF kit will end up yielding more like 4"+ and that's a lot of lift unless you're planning to run a set of 37's. If you're just looking to clear 35's, I might recommend a 2.5" TF kit instead as that will give you well over 3" and be a better fit.

If you have a 2-door, you should plan to get a new rear drive shaft and adjustable rear upper control arms so that you can set your pinion angle. If you have an automatic, you should plan to get a new front shaft as well. If the kit you're wanting doesn't come with it, I would recommend that you get a set of adjustable front lower control arms so that you can set your caster.

The TF kits are nice but, ride tall and on the firm side. Their standard shocks are nothing to write home about and if you go with their kit, I would recommend that you get a good set of monotube shocks with it instead - like Bilstein 5100's or even the new Rancho 7000's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow quick response, thanks.

I plan on running some 35" on 17" XD Misfits. Thanks for the input it's definitely helpful, since you are suggesting the TF 2.5, would you recommend another brand? I have a 4dr automatic trans.

Thanks again for your help.

Sumo

Being that you have an auto, you will need to budget in a front drive shaft. I have installed and run a lot of 3" lifts and of them, I personally like the EVO enforcer kit for 35" tires as it offers one of the best rides you can get.

Sumo2010

Clear, I will look into it. Thanks again!

Being that you have an auto, you will need to budget in a front drive shaft. I have installed and run a lot of 3" lifts and of them, I personally like the EVO enforcer kit for 35" tires as it offers one of the best rides you can get.

flotto

does the enforcer kit only come in 4" lift?

is there a 2.5" lift plus shocks for under $1000 you'd suggest?

Top Bottom