2016 JKU Dash acting up

Pursesnatcher

Hey all

Having some odd issues coming up with my brand new 2016 JKU. Last week while driving my vehicle maintained speed, but the speedometer moved from zero to 100, all of the lights came on the dash and the speedo returned to the vehicle speed.

Sometimes, it the radio will cut off completely and restart it self while it is doing the cycle described above on the dash.

Anyone else experience this issue in the past? Thought I'd ask before I make a service appointment at Jeep.

Thanks
Colin

Frydaddy

Definitely a loose connection somewhere. Since it affected the dash and the radio, its not isolated to just the computer. I would suspect a power connection somewhere.

Most common issues are:
Loose or corroded connectors, just re-seat some plugs that might have been bumped.
Paint or corrosion on grounding bolts, theyre everywhere, a welded body bolt with black wires going to it.
Attaching accessory wires to the battery incorrectly, don't use the clamping nut.

Battery_Terminals.jpg

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
^^^this! I had the exact same thing on my 2015 and it was just a very slightly loose negative battery terminal because I attached a wire to the clamp nut. Swapped it over to the accessory post, tightened the clamp and it's been all good ever since

Angus2BCJ

In my case, the negative battery clamp was loose. (The hold down nut was tight, but the clamp was loose). I loosened the hold down nut, pushed down on the clamp and tightened the nut. The "play" in the clamp was gone and this seems to have fixed the problem. Give it a try - won't cost you anything and might save you a trip to the dealer.

Warebear

Yep try your battery terminal connections. I ran my winch cables to the battery and initially put the hot in the wrong place. The battery cables aren't just right on the battery, everything goes crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom