Trail Dash 2

rsbad454

Has anybody used Superchips Trail Dash 2 and like it's features? I'm liking the fact that it retunes shift points...I don't like the way the auto shifts stock, but I also like the pids being shown on diaplay. I have a bluetooth OB2 adapter and can monitor pids via torque app, but looking for better throttle response and shift patterns.

RedSheep

nope haven't used it but recall reading somewhere that all the 2015+ JKs have locked ecm's so your limited as to how much tuning you can do out side of basic thinks like adjust tire size, axel gear ratios, view clear codes and the other display type things that torque app will show

Napalm

What RedSheep said is true. You cannot use the flashpaq or trail dash for any Jeep 2015 or after without an ECM swap or unlock through Superchips. You can only use it to calibrate tire size and very basic stuff like that without the ECM swap.

So frustrating, I used a Flashpaq on my 2010 and loved it. Not so lucky on my 2016...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rsbad454

What RedSheep said is true. You cannot use the flashpaq or trail dash for any Jeep 2015 or after without an ECM swap or unlock through Superchips. You can only use it to calibrate tire size and very basic stuff like that without the ECM swap.

So frustrating, I used a Flashpaq on my 2010 and loved it. Not so lucky on my 2016...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, I was reading that the ECM gets swapped for an unlocked version, same with Diablosport.

The Cock Father

If you're not willing to do an ECM swap, consider TrailCal. That's what I have and it works well. Same as TrailDash2, but without tunes. Of course I could adjust for tire size, pressure and regear, but what I like is having all my gauges available and being able to lock and unlock with the touch screen.

rsbad454

If you're not willing to do an ECM swap, consider TrailCal. That's what I have and it works well. Same as TrailDash2, but without tunes. Of course I could adjust for tire size, pressure and regear, but what I like is having all my gauges available and being able to lock and unlock with the touch screen.

I wonder if the edge insight cts2 does the same thing? I have the insight monitor in my Dmax truck to view parameter.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Has anybody used Superchips Trail Dash 2 and like it's features? I'm liking the fact that it retunes shift points...I don't like the way the auto shifts stock, but I also like the pids being shown on diaplay. I have a bluetooth OB2 adapter and can monitor pids via torque app, but looking for better throttle response and shift patterns.

I have the Flashpaq, but I wouldn't say it's ideal for tuning shift points. I'm looking at getting my TCM re-flashed through OST Dyno. All you have to tell them is what size tires you're running. Check out some videos on YouTube. It does look like that does the trick.

I've heard from guys who install superchargers and until they got their TCM flashed, the trans just wouldn't shift correctly.

trailraider

nope haven't used it but recall reading somewhere that all the 2015+ JKs have locked ecm's so your limited as to how much tuning you can do out side of basic thinks like adjust tire size, axel gear ratios, view clear codes and the other display type things that torque app will show

this was true up till about 2 months ago(roughly) you can now use them on the 2015 + wranglers. I just put one in my 15 last week. haven't really played with it to much. just used the settings for tire size right now.

i have one and i like it better the just the flashpaq, i did do the ecm swap, its really not too difficult, i dont change my shift points but i like the ability to do so if i ever see fit...my wife likes the tilt and lean gauges, and i love being able to customize what info i see

raven12

Are you guys able to see oil temp and pressure on the Trail Cal or Trail Dash? Right now I'm using the Torque app on a tablet, and its the one thing I want displayed that the Torque app wont support.

rsbad454

Are you guys able to see oil temp and pressure on the Trail Cal or Trail Dash? Right now I'm using the Torque app on a tablet, and its the one thing I want displayed that the Torque app wont support.

I don't think it's the app itself, I believe it's the ECU not providing that PID.

trailraider

i don't recall seeing oil temp in the settings in my brief mucking around.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I do enjoy mine and the availability of adding "whips" to give 2 relays for controlling whatever you want ie air compressor, lockers, lighting all via touchscreen is great

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom