Lunacy!

Shantz

Windshield wiper went on the passenger side about a year ago. So i took it apart... popped the arm back on... all was grand for a few months... did it again and again every few months.

So I finally decided to get a new bushing from the dealer... should be a 25 cent fix. Even with the inflated dealer price, max $5.

Turns out they don't sell just the bushing, you must buy the whole unit with motor and all. Mind you, the wiper motor is perfectly fine.

Drove to the junk yard to see if I can get just the arm or bushing.... same deal. He wanted to charge me a $150.... He said he'd do it for $100 cash. I told him brand new after market is $150, and the most I would go is $50 cash.

Long story short... got the new assembly for 50 smackers... installed it myself. Still pissed cause it was only a 25 cent problem.

The more you know...

Sent By Morse Code

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Same thing happened to me. I know it's a little late now but they actually sell bushing kits at any autozone or advance auto etc that are basically a selection of common sizes. One of the ones in that kit, with a small amount of trimming, fits the jk. Been working on mine for a couple of years now fyi. But yeah it's insanity that that bushing is what will fail and you cannot buy just the bushing.

Shantz

Yeah, I was absolutely amazed. I went to Pep Boys... bought the only 2 wiper bushing they had... neither fit... got fed up and went to the junk yard. The only good thing is it was picked off a 14'... seven years newer.

Sent By Morse Code

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I was absolutely amazed. I went to Pep Boys... bought the only 2 wiper bushing they had... neither fit... got fed up and went to the junk yard. The only good thing is it was picked off a 14'... seven years newer.

Sent By Morse Code

Just for future reference, McMaster Carr which is an industrial supplier has a huge selection of bushings on-line.

Top Bottom