Brake Light Gremlin

ryanbauer

I've been noticing that randomly, when the jeep is sitting or even when its running that the brake lights will activate as if I'm pushing the brakes.

It started a while ago but now its happening a lot more frequently (10+ times a day) I disconnected my battery for a while and let everything reset and I checked all my connections and fuses and they all checked out good. Even went as far to replace the brake pedal position switch.

This evening I was sitting in it waiting to see if anything weird happens in the cab or on the dash and sure enough, I heard a click (sounded exactly like a relay) and they came on, but no click when they went off. I'm really scratching my head at this one. Sometimes they stay on for a few minutes, other times a few seconds. Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been noticing that randomly, when the jeep is sitting or even when its running that the brake lights will activate as if I'm pushing the brakes.

It started a while ago but now its happening a lot more frequently (10+ times a day) I disconnected my battery for a while and let everything reset and I checked all my connections and fuses and they all checked out good. Even went as far to replace the brake pedal position switch.

This evening I was sitting in it waiting to see if anything weird happens in the cab or on the dash and sure enough, I heard a click (sounded exactly like a relay) and they came on, but no click when they went off. I'm really scratching my head at this one. Sometimes they stay on for a few minutes, other times a few seconds. Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

replace the brake light switch, easy and cheap

ryanbauer

Do you have trailer brakes?
Friend had mud stuck in his wiring harness by the hitch which caused a short - and had the same problem as you.

I do have trailer brakes, I actually noticed today when they came on I shook on the harness and they turned off. But when they turned off I lost a headlight. Gonna dig deeper this weekend, I hope it's that! Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ryanbauer

Amazon LED lights

My cheap ass bought into the Amazon LED light upgrade which cause the computer to go nuts thinking all the circuits were low causing all kinds of electrical issues. Don't be cheap like me, you'll just pay for it with headaches and frustration.

davidc128

My cheap ass bought into the Amazon LED light upgrade which cause the computer to go nuts thinking all the circuits were low causing all kinds of electrical issues. Don't be cheap like me, you'll just pay for it with headaches and frustration.
Did u use a resistor or just plug and play?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom